What should I do?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Jul 9, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I received a pre-approved offer from Chase today, for a platinum mastercard, with a BT rate of 1.99% for 12 months, and a purchase rate of variable 12.49%. My lowest rate right now is NextCard at 12.99%. I'm assuming I will get it if I apply. I would like to have a low rate card, but in doing a search here, am not too sure that Chase is desirable. Are they OK, except for the BT fees? What, in general, is your experience with Chase?

I am just about maxed out on the number of cards I can get, though (I think). 2 Providian, 1 NextCard, 1 BOA, 1 Citi, 1 Discover and a Sears, and I just applied for Penneys.

I don't use the Sears, won't use the Penny's, just want them for the specials. Only have balances on BOA, Citi and NextCard. I don't want to cancel my Providians, since they are my oldest.

What do you think, experts?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have had no problems with Chase. Customer service is good. My intro rate is also 2.9% for six months. There are no BT fees associated with my account (at least during the intro period).

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Chase has the arbitration clause, though, and they will also check credit reports as justification of raising your interest rate. Be careful...there are better prime cards to get.