What the hell is Junum doing?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, May 10, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I called experian today to find out when I would be getting updated reports. Junum has disputes listed on my account for 4/20 and 5/7. Experian says the last dispute they received last month was for a charge off that was deleted the first round. Why would they redispute an item that has already been deleted? Do they have absolutely incompetent employees there? I think they will be getting another phone call from me tomorrow.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

LKH,

How frustrating! And what a waste of time! I hope everything gets worked out.

Donna

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Look at mine....

5/7/01 TransUnion Dispute Sent
    5/7/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/25/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/25/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/24/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/23/01 TransUnion Dispute Sent
    4/23/01 Equifax Dispute Sent
    4/23/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 TransUnion Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 Equifax Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/6/01 Trans Union credit report received.
    4/6/01 Experian credit report received.
    4/6/01 Equifax credit report received.

The only updated report I've received after all this is 1 from TU.

What's the deal???? Maybe I need to do some calling....but I don't have time. I'm starting to feel uneasy.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Look at mine....

That is just about how my account looks. Maybe Kristi or someone from Junum would post an answer here as to what is going on?

5. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Where do you see this on the myJunum site?

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

After you log into your account, click billing on the right hand side. Then above the billing detail, click my activity.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Cos:

It doesn't show on everyone's account as they are revamping the Myjunum section. I asked as it doesn't show on mine...heard it would be set within a few weeks for everyone.

8. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I received my Equifax report today after Junum's first round of disputes with 0 deletions. As a matter of fact, I picked up a trade line! It's a positive one that's paid off so I'm not going to raise hell about it yet.

Manny

9. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Right now, it looks like their site is down! I cannot even get in.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

i just got in..no problems.

Cos..I get my received notices on activity..but not dispute info..that's what I was talking about earlier

11. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Their website is big-time down.

12. TxMommy

TxMommy Active Member

My Junum Update isn't good either

I enrolled with Junum in March and haven't heard a peep from anyone until today. I received my Experian report in the mail and ALL ITEMS WERE VERIFIED!!!! They disputed 6 items and they all came back verified. I am bummed!

I was only using Junum to cleanup my credit so I could get a mortgage, and I was able to get a mortgage on my own anyway. But it still would have been nice to see a little something of a result for the monies I have paid.

Oh, well. My goal of home ownership was acheived (no thanks to Junum!)

I cancelled membership about 2 weeks ago. I guess their dispute method just doesn't work for everyone....

Tx Mommy

13. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Re: My Junum Update isn't good either

Folks,
    I realize the everyone is so busy now a days. It seems that we dont even have enough time to balance are checkbooks, yet alone spend the time sitting down at our computers drafting letters to collectors/creditors and credit reporting agencies. The laws are somewhat designed to keep the average American from using the system legally to get items removed or updated. My spin on this is that you are the only person who truly cares about your credit. Not junum or any other credit repair company. This is not a blow to the repair industry. This is just based on the fact that in the end their profit margin is what matters, not an immediate phone call back to their customers to reassure them that the process is going smoothly and not to worry.

Your in good hands with yourself,
    You can do it..

14. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I agree with you.. I think that you will take a more thorough approach in repairing your credit.. it also leaves an excellent paper trail in the case where you need to take it to the next level.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Because my experience is so different having tried it by myself for 6 months and being successful but not as phenomenally successful as junum, I have a very different opinion. I suppose I think that everyone should do what they are most comfortable with and support others in doing the same.

Of course, if you've experienced both, you most certainly have a unique experience to share and that's what this board is all about. There are many success stories with self-help and with junum. I don't think anyone can know unless they've tried them both. Similarly, there are many negatives stories both ways (For instance, I have negative stories with self help..like 2 credit files that were 100% different and completely out of whack.)

I still tend to blame the CRA's for a lot of the delays, etc.

Of course, my stuff on Junum was really inaccurate. I think some people get upset when the accurate stuff remains which junum never claims to clear up. It's inaccurate, unverifiable stuff that they are successful with "most" of the time.

So, I guess I"m saying that those who believe in self-help should certainly continue to do what they believe in...and I support and encourage you all, but no blanket statement can be made regarding those of us who use junum and have had great success or those who have had difficulties and I think we should be supported in our individual choices, as well.

Again, I'm not saying everyone is experiencing positives like I am, and I recognize that, but I encourage everyone to be supportive of each other and our decisions, provide good advice based on EXPERIENCE, and understand that mistakes will be made as well. It's definately a learning process.

I have no idea where that came from..I'm still dealing with the trauma of the loss of Forsberg! teehee

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I did several rounds of disputes on my own prior to signing up with Junum. I had moderate success, but there were some items that I had no luck getting removed that Junum did get off in round 1. Junum started out great for me, however, this second round went nowhere. If some of you have the time to do your own disputes and keep on top of it, great, but I do not have the time to devote to following up constantly with this stuff. I will be calling Junum later today about the issue of disputing a previously deleted item. I will post the results later.

17. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

This begs the question--should you let Junum do disputing while you do disputing of your own? How do you know you are not stepping on Junum's toes during the process?

18. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Cos: I've asked them this question as well and the answer is no...since you might do exactly as you said, conflict with them.

Now, if something is not on a report yet and a collection agency has just contacted me for the first time, I do send validation letters but that is all. It has worked well.

Oh, and I do dispute my own address errors and inquiries with the creditor.