What to do about this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Twen0, May 30, 2001.

1. Twen0

Twen0 Active Member

A few months back I started getting letters from a law firm about settling the account with Midland Credit Mgmt. Well, to make a long story short, I settled the account for half and sent the law firm a check. Midland had acquired the account from Discover. Both were showing on my credit report. Now Junum finally got the Discover account off of my Experian report, but the Midland account came back as Reviewed, and will remain on my report. Is there a way to make them go away too? I'm glad Discover is gone, and I feel better that I sent Midland the settled amount, but Discover would've only been there another year or so. Midland will now report for another 7. How do I get these guys gone?
    Thanks,

Twen0

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I have both Discover and Midland Credit Management on my CR's. The Discover "fall-off" date is 6 months earlier than MCM . You should contact the CRA's and tell them that MCM has reaged the debt, and tell them that the correct date is "such and such". Reageing is illegal, and that sounds like what MCM has done here. Just a suggestion.

Good Luck!

3. Twen0

Twen0 Active Member

Thanks Erica.

Twen0