What to do next...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Apr 29, 2001.

  1. David

    David Well-Known Member

    ....for those with experience with these kind of things.

    OK, so I sent my validation letters to the two CA's for the $68 Sprint bill. Sent 'em Monday, haven't got the little green postcards back yet.

    Since I'm an impatient person, I'm wonder what I should do--if anything--in the meantime.

    They are legitimate dupes on my Experian report. Should I dispute Experian right now, in the effort to get at least one of them removed ASAP?

    Or do I wait on the response from the CA's, hoping they trip up on the 30 day rule, or voluntarily remove themselves?

    And while I'm on the subject, if one or both CA's violate the 30 day FCRA rule--and I would then dispute Experian (and Equifax--where one shows up), wouldn't the CRA's have to delete the unvalidated information pretty much right away with my evidence, or can they drag it out some more by conducting their own verification?

    Thoughts, ideas, input greatly appreciated.


  2. Linda

    Linda Well-Known Member

    I'm not experienced with this type of thing but that doesn't stop me from having some thoughts on the matter. :) I would consider going ahead and disputing with the CRAs at the same time. I think you'd have more leverage if an item came back as verified when the CA was not able to validate the debt. Also, if the CA is going to ignore your validation request then perhaps they are just as likely going to ignore the reverification request from the CRAs. I'm tryin to think of possible outcomes and don't see how it could hurt to dispute with the CRAs and demand validation with the CAs at the same time.
  3. judyputy

    judyputy Well-Known Member


    Do a search for validation letters and look for the ones for a second round validation. Meaning... Lizard and some others who would get no reponse from the first letter, would then send a more demanding second letter saying something like "you failed to respond the the first validation letter... you now have 15 days to respond to this letter.... if no response, I will consider your bill in error and the matter closed" Mention a threat about no activity on my reports.

    I can't remember the real letter, but you can find it here. I would use the second letter, wait for the non-response, then hit the CRA's with a dispute. You will have the backing of 2 validation letters sent with CA's failing to provide validation.

    Anyway, that's what I would do. I might have parts wrong, or the wording wrong, but the gist of it I think you can get. I am sure there are others here more knowledgeable than I am about this subject.

    Anybody else??


Share This Page