What type of inquiry is a mortgage?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

How are Mortgage inquires looked at overall?

I have been told so many different things about this. I have talked to several lenders. Of course everyone wants to pull your CR. I know what's on it.

I was told that the inquiries wouldn't be looked as as hard. True or false?

I know of two lenders I talked to that did pull my report that I told not to. When one that I did authorize to, the others inquiries where there.

I go over everything that is on my reports with them ( be it most of it is wrong & I have all the documents to prove it) These lenders tell you they can help, then they pull you CR & then it's another story.

I hate this game!

Becky

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Without evidence of the fact, I have read that inquiries while "shopping" for a mortgage or auto loan are grouped in the scoring models to "count" as if it were a single negative factor or hard inquiry:
    Inquiry scoring factors in FICO scoring
    They will however be counted as a hard inquiry since they are a result of a request by you and with your permission to check your report.

I guess we shall get a first hand account of the effects on your score when Momof3 and NanaC get their scores in a month or 2 and see the effect of the inquiries during their mortgage search.

-Dave