What would you do?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, May 29, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, everyone..you know that, on the 25th of May, I found a new collection that shouldn't be on the credit report..this after they pulled my credit the first time for the mortgage. You also know I'm with Junum...and they have ongoing disputes..

But..I have this letter from the collection agency faxed to me saying to remove it ... it is not mine..

Please give me your advice...since I have the letter..an underwriter will not concern themselves with it, I'm sure, if they pull a second one.

I can dispute it with the 3 credit bureaus and I'm sure it will come off as I have the letter from the collection agency saying remove it.

But, last...what if it conflicts with junum and ongoing disputes?

Would you just hang on to the letter and wait for results from junum's last disputes. Mind you, they (junum disputes) went out today..

I'm now on "pause" with junum....I'll post on that in a different post..kinda interesting.

Shouldn't this credit bureau remove the entry on their own?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

No one answered...(whine) but it's ok..I reread the letter and they have contacted the CRA's and I'm to use the letter only if it isn't removed. ;)

Cool..

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Just wait it out...

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

George..yeah, that makes the most sense..I faxed a copy of the letter to my broker, just in case :)

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana, sorry didn't see your post. I guess if it doesn't have anything to do with MBNA it gets overlooked GAG. Anyway I am glad they did contact the CRA and that letter is just needed for backup, hold on to that for dear life:)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL..I'm framing it!