What's Capital One's Best Rate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cherie, Jul 26, 2001.

1. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

I have a letter into planet feedback about our current capital one account; a 2,000 limit and an APR of 9.9% . Today I oweCAP ONE about $355 and plan to pay that next month with the tax return check. I was thinking of trying to get a CL increase and possibly a BT offer. What't the best rate and offer anyone has gotten from CAP ONE?

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Well, according to the account rep. I spoke with, the best rate you can get is the 9.9%. You may want to call and confirm that, but that is what I am assuming you will stay at unless you default on your payments and they raise the rate.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Just call and ask...

You may be able to get a BALANCE TRANSFER @ 1.90% or 2.90% for 6 months or longer...

4. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Hi, I got Mr. Milller's voice mail box about 4:00 o'clock and didn't get a call back. I will try again in the morning. I am surfing through these boards and found someone that said they got a 7.9 offer from Capital One, so I will be sure to bring that up. Wish me luck.
    Cherie

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT OTHER PEOPLE GOT HAS NO BARRING ON WHAT YOU GET...

Tell them you have seen ads for 1.90% and 2.90% for 6 or 9 months on BALANCE TRANSFERS...

You have NOTHING TO LOSE...

P.S. Some people have had "HARD" inquires done to do a balance transfer...ME INCLUDED...THIS WAS WITH AN EXISTING CREDIT LINE...DIDN'T ASK FOR ANY INCREASE IN CREDIT LINE (ALWAYS DISPUTE "HARD" INQUIRES WHEN YOU DON'T ASK FOR AN INCREASE)!!!

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

0% intro rate til Dec. Then 13.9 (I'll get it down once the intro rate disappears).

7. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Last night I called Captial One's 24 hour 800 number that is listed on the back of my card. The promt said that I was eligible for a credit line increase of up to 4,000 and asked if I would like to apply. I punched the correct number as explained, then the recorded voice said.. we are sorry but you have been denied a credit limit increase. Now HOW could I have been eligible for a credit increase and then be denied?

Cherie

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

The CL Increase message you heard is known in the call center industry as a "broadcast" message, i.e. it is the same for anyone who chooses the option to hear it.

I think you will find the key words are "UP TO" a 4K increase. Meaning from $0.00 to $4000.

Send a message to them via PlanetFeedback advising you would like an increase based on your payment record. You will get a quick response, usually asking you call their consumer advocate back.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISPUTE THE INQUIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treat it as a PURCHASE...You were supposed to get some cd's for $29.95...they never came...DISPUTE IT!!!

You offered to but one credit line increase of $4,000 for ONE INQUIRY...never got it...DISPUTE IT!!!

10. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Don't understand. Would you try again?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY DIDN'T GIVE YOU THE CREDIT LINE INCREASE YOU "PAID" FOR...

It cost you one inquiry...

Dispute the inquiry...

If you don't care you WASTED one inquiry to get the "PRE-APPROVED" credit line increase (which should have not cost you one inquiry)...

...THEN NEVER MIND...

12. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Will this show up as an inquiry on my credit report? .. Let me ask you this if you know. The recording said I would get the "rejection" letter in 7-10 days. This will entitle me to a free credit report. Does the free credit report show up as inquiry's as well?

Thanks