Whats good for the goose....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by allen074, Oct 21, 2002.

1. allen074

allen074 Well-Known Member

I closed my verizon wireless business acct last month. I got my bill today and there was a credit balance of $17 or so dollars...

Let's just say that in the 12 mos I had the phone, 12 times I had to call their business support line because my bill was always wrong. I am serious.

So I call them today to discuss getting a check and they tell me 90 days to get a check.. I say that is unacceptable and she tells me that is the policy, if I do not like it, too bad.

what i find funny is that when we owe them, they charge us late fees and or raise interest rates, put baddies on our credit reports, etc. When they owe us, we cant do anything.

In all likelyhood, I will resist doing business ever again with verizon.

2. SDBoy

SDBoy Well-Known Member

You fought with them over $17? wow, maybe you need to get a puzzle or a dog or something to occupy your time!

:>

3. allen074

Actually I didnt fight... all i did was ask for my money

I think if I do not have it in 30 days, i will be reporting Verizon to the CRA's as a late-30.

MUAHAHHAHAHAHA

4. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

Verizon's customer service is HORRIBLE!

We will NEVER do busines with them again.

FWIW, we had a small credit balance when we cut them loose too, it took about 45 days to get the check.

DemPooches

5. ALF

ALF Well-Known Member

I just had to say Allen.....LOL for the

MUAHAHAHAHAH!!

That's funny!
    Gettining in the Halloween spirit IC!!

A

6. allen074

Hey Alf - how is the long distance business treating you ?

7. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Ok no problem:

$17 @ 18% Per Annum X 90 days =

$17.77

When you get your check bill them for $00.77.

lol

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Can you find a neighbor/friend/associate that has VERIZON now and DEMAND THEY CREDIT THEIR ACCOUNT IN 72 HOURS THEN GET THE $17.00 FROM THEM...(or they could send $17.00 to pay your trash or water bill)...

9. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

can you collect it through your local CA? Maybe they'll send you a validation letter. don't forget to mark it as in dispute, don't want any violations. LOL

10. allen074

:)

11. rhaeny

rhaeny Well-Known Member

It's his money, so why wouldn't he ask for it back. What if 10 of his creditors did that to him? Taking $20 here and there?

If you saw $17 on the ground would you pick it up or go play with a puzzle or a dog?

Do u have so much money to burn that you would just let them keep it? I know that I don't. Its not a lot of money but also the principal.

BTW, if you owed $17 and didn't pay it they'd charge you up the A$$ with late fees.

12. rhaeny

rhaeny Well-Known Member

13. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Allen-
    Not that this is the same thing but when I had to do an "injured spouse form" atfer DH and I filed joint tax returns the IRS sent what money was owed to me about 4 months later PLUS interest!!! It was something sad like 29 cents, but tell them at least the IRS doesn't screw people EVERY chance they get. Neither should verizon!!!

14. allen074

thanks KHM... I hated being with them. I hated the phone, the service, the billing. We even have a rep in our office just to handle our company acct.

She would avoid me like the plague :)

I do love the fact that my office pays for my full cell bill :)

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Send a letter to Dun and Bradstreet telling them that they are 30 + days delinquent in their payment to you.