what's the best APR Chase offer?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nn2000, Aug 11, 2003.

1. nn2000

nn2000 Member

today I got a pre-approved Chase platinum
    but the rate is not that decent.
    5.99 intro apr on transfer till May,2004,thereafter 19.99%
    19.99% APR for purchase

the rate they offer me just like gold card,not pla card
    I want to sent them a request with the pre-approved form for a better rate.

So what's the best rate for purchase and transfer Chase can offer?

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

6.99 FIXED

3. nn2000

nn2000 Member

6.99 for what? both?

4. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

It would be 0% for an intro then a go to of 6.99 but not everyone gets that, I got 0 then go to 7.99 fixed but I was happy with that. For now. Right G?

5. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

It would be 4.00% or Prime Rate + 0%. That's what I've got. But there is $45 annual fee. Their best fixed rate is 6.99% and there is no annual fee. Of course, I am talking about standard rate for purchases, not BT or cash advance rate.

6. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Platinum....I am curious about how you use Chase (not letting them use you lol)....

do you just let them keep upping your cl or do you apply to offers then just combine? I think I've read George say they don't combine but visa with visa etc.

7. Platinum

Hi Amy,

I don't use Chase lately at all because I do not carry balances on any of my cards. I keep it open just in case I need to carry balances in the future. My initial CL in 2001 was $5.000. Then after 6 months I asked them to double it. They did. Then again some time in March this year I asked them to double it from $10.000 to $20.000 and they did it. Of course every time they pulled hard on TU but those hards are gone long time ago...you know how >>> "B"

8. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

PLATINUM MY CHAS3E IS NOW 5.99 ENLIGHTEN ME ON 4.00APR WHEN YOU HAVE TIME....

9. Platinum

Re: Re: what's the best APR Chase offer?

Hey Will,

I believe yours is 5.99% fixed without annual fee. If so, that's excellent. Mine is 4.00% variable or Prime rate + 0.00%. But there is a annual fee of $45 for Prime Rate account. I am still in dilema if I need it or not. You can switch between fixed and variable at any time just by calling 1-800-345-8089 (Tampa).