What's the LOWEST score you're had?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Jul 6, 2001.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I'm curious... What's the lowest credit score anyone's seen here? For example, if you're in the midst of a bankruptcy, what kind of score would you expect to have (before discharge and before doing credit repair)?

Randy

2. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

my lowest score was a 495, loaded with inquires, student loan debt, almost non existent income, 13 late payments, a collection, during my senior year of college.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Talking about those with loads of college debt, ABC news has some interesting insights into that topic. They want to hear from folks who are in that positon and are giving an email link to fill out on their website.

There is also an article on how to insure that banks and other financial institutions do not give out or sell your information. The privacy act and that sort of thing. It is my understanding that they may have some form letters on their website that one can use to demand their privacy rights, but I have not found those links as of yet. If anyone actually finds the banking privacy information and the form letters that are supposedly here, please post them here.

There is also some older (march this year) info on the new bankruptcy bill that is supposed to be making it's way through the legislative process. It is also quite interesting.

http://www.abcnews.com

4. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

After 6 months of credit repair, I learned my score was 558. That was after 2 collections deleted, 4 chargeoffs deleted, and no reestablishing.

I wonder what it is now???

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

In May my Experian score was 575. That is the lowest I've known any of my credit scores to ever be. However, I don't doubt that they've been lower then that.

Manny

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: What's the LOWEST score you're

Before Lexington (i.e., March 22, 2001), my Equifax FICO was 564. After less than three months and two Equifax rounds with them (i.e., June 18, 2001, the last time I checked), my score was 626. I'm a happy Lex customer.

Randy

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

8. Rob

Rob Active Member

I was at 507 on my Experion last year, after a year of disputing, it's now my best one at 690 and providian then american express used that report to give me pre-approved cards. I still can't believe it!

* Rob *

9. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

at least you are consistent, george,,lol

Cyprigirl:)

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

my lowest score has been 523 fico and 539 on Experian.

11. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

547 on Experian 2 years ago. (It is now 675 with all derogs removed).

12. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

504 on Equifax. Now.

Thank God my derogs are all at least 4 years old! I've just started disputing them.

13. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I JUST GOT MY SCORE OFF OF EQUIFAX AND IT IS 520. I HAVE NOT DONE ANY REPAIRING YET BUT HAVE ESTABLISHED A TRUCK LOAN AND A CREDIT CARD.

14. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

How'd you get an auto loan with a 520 score? Big downpayment? Cosignor? What's your secret?

15. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

466 on experian (2 mths ago) Credit Xpert now says its 577. I find this hard to believe.

16. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

472-Equifax that was a year and a half ago. Now 630, there is hope.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

18. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I was going through my old files and found a TRW report I ran on myself in 1997 while I was a car salesman. My score was a miserable 489! Now I am at 504 and am just beginning to repair my credit.

Today I got my wife's report and she is showing a 544 from Equifax. So she's got 40 points on me, but still we're both in terrible shape.

19. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I just spoke to Trans Union last week, after my first successful disputes, and a charge off changed to No Status, account with no negative info, my score dropped from 499 to 466! My bk was dropped (10 years old) and 4 tax liens were deleted.I still have 3 medical bills, and Fingerhut to deal with.

I'm not sure about the others yet.

20. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

I've been going through the "credit restoration/repair" process on my own since 1999, and just got my scores two months ago. They range from 543 (TU) to 577 (Equifax), and I've YET to be able to obtain my report from Experian (got it through a merged report, but not directly from them to dispute items). I've got a ton of collection accounts, that, while paid, are still on there that I've been struggling to dispute, some with success, some without. I think perhaps the funniest thing is the reason #4 that TU gave "LACK OF MORTGAGE INFORMATION". C'mon people, if I had a high enough score, I'd LOVE to get a mortgage, but until then, I cannot. Talk about a catch 22! It's my hope that I can improve my score to over 600 by the end of next year (not overly optimistic about it though, just in case).

A. J.