What's the next step?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 1, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

It's been 3 months and two validation letters to a collection agency, and I have not really moved forward with this matter. The only correspondence I have received from the CA is a letter acknowledging my request for debt validation and how it could take them 90 days until they can obtain the documents.

I've been told here that CA's are under no deadline to validate their claim, so my question is: what's the point of making them validate when theoretically, they could take as long as they want and keep their negative listing on your credit reports? I sent them a second letter stating to them that their 90 day requirement is unacceptable, especially when they've already taken the liberty to place inquiries and listings on my credit reports. And still, it's been a month since this letter, and I have not heard from them.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestion as to what I should do next? I'm not one to sit and wait and twiddle my thumbs. Do they even have the legal right to place these listings on my reports if I dispute the debt? Please help!!

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

A simple change in law would take care of this :
    Item has to be removed imeaditly upon dispute"
    There is no excuse for negatives,errors or false info.to be on a report for any time period!

3. river

river Well-Known Member

This sounds all too familar.Anthony is a good one to ask.

4. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Re: What's the next step?/Anthony?

I was hoping you can help me?