what's the next step?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monk, Aug 20, 2001.

1. monk

monk Active Member

Hi all,

I have now received responses from all 3 CRA's, and I'm looking for advice on how to proceed, especially with Equifax.

TU deleted all disputed items except one. I figure to immediately dispute the remaining 4 items

Exp deleted all disputed items except the same one. I figure to dispute the remaining item and redispute the one verified item.

Equifax Didn't delete anything. In two cases they say "Adverse Accounts that have been paid in full will automatically be deleted 7 years from the date of last activity." In one case they say "The item has been updated to show paid in full" In One case they say "This item is not vacated or Filed in Error. Additional information has been provided from the source regarding this item. See enclosed credit File" Of course there is no additional information listed. And on the final two items they say that "Equifax verified that this item belongs to you"

I tend to think that they have only made up these responses and have not verified Jack. Does that sound right? I'm thinking of writing another letter insisting that none of the accounts are mine and that they could not have "verified" them or they would have come to the same conclusion. That I have not challenged the paid status, but the very items themselves and that they must remove the items immediately or send complete details of how they "verified" them and with whom, so I can name that person in a law suit along with Equifax.

Would a letter like that be the next logical step? Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,

-monk

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think you should send Equifax the letter requesting the procedure used to verify the information. A quick search ot the board should turn one up, or someone will post a sample letter for you if you wait.

breeze

3. monk

monk Active Member

Thanks Breeze. I'm having trouble locating a sample letter for this by searching. Does anybody have one handy, or know a message I can look at that contains one?

thanks,

-monk

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sorry you got no responses. I use the letters at
    http://mix6.com/credit

Be sure to scroll all the way down - the letters are at the bottom. There is also a good description of the processes and sequence of things there.

breeze