What's the point?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I finally got through to Experian. Well, at least the local office that we have to deal with.

Now, I sent with my dispute County Filed Release of Mortgage papers & Federal Tax documents. Which the mortgage company had sent us. That show our last mortgage was sold & paid in full.

CR reports "settled".

The lady I talked to was cordgial. She told me they would have to verify it with the company. They could not go by the paperwork sent.

Which according to the results page from the last round they stated "updated". Although nothing changed.

So what is the point of us sending in all these documents if they don't even consider them valid?

I called the old mortgage company & they could not verify that anyone had contacted them reguarding this matter. Nor would they comment on what is written on the report. I didn't expect any more of them:)

In the past they have sworn to me that they never made those statements. Yet they also won't send me in writing that comment.

So what exactly are you suppose to do to get this rectified?

Any suggestions will help.

Also Experian has my Ch 13 correctly showing the file & discharged dates.

Yet when I asked her why 2 CC statements claim each one having different Ch 13 dates then the actual do.

She said I should fax in a copy of my BK papers. Which I have all ready done on 2 other occassions. How does she think I got them to correctly report the Ch 13 to begin with.

I am pulling my hair out.

Becky

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Is there a local office?? Take the stuff over there and talk with them one on one. It cuts right through the crap.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Becky:

I would suggest asking to speak with a supervisor. The people who answer the telephones are put there as a gatekeeper, a roadblock meant to discourage you. If something is wrong, it's wrong! Work your way up the ladder. Talk with their boss and then their boss and then their boss.... Don't give up. It's not easy, but can be done.

As for the FAX, who told you to FAX the documents? The creditor or Experian? Just wondering?

:) Good Luck! :)

4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Experian told me to fax the documents.

I asked if I could come to the office. Which is about an hour form here. She told me that they don't do walk in's.

Phone, Mail or Fax. We can't even use the on line dispute section.

I didn't even think to ask for a higher up. Will remember that when I call back.

I forgot to find out why they didn't comment on my demand to have deleted all the wrong addresses & forms of my husbands name that they have on the report.

Does anyone know if that stuff effects your score?

Thanks, for all your suggestions.

Becky