When can they NOT call??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

This damn agency called the house this morning at 8:24 am, I thought they were not allowed to call before 9:00am or after 9:00 p.m., or is that state to state regulations??

2. B

B Guest

They are allowed to call 8:00am-9:00pm

3. Nevo

Nevo Guest

The good news is, if you tell them explicitly not to call you again, they can't.

4. netKat

netKat Guest

The TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991) states that you may not be called prior to 8:00am or later than 9:00pm in your local time zone.

Additionally, you have the right to be placed on a "do not solicit list" upon your request. If they continue to call you subsequent to your deletion request, you may be able to collect some pretty good money for your troubles... anywhere from $500 to $1500 for each individual violation.

A web search on telemarketing and TCPA will yield lots of info and specialized sites. I know of many folks who have collected significant sums of money this way.

Keep in mind, the telemarketer will have a reasonable amount of time in order to abide by your initial request, usually at least 30 days.

The short answer is, yes, they are within their rights to telemarket you at 8:24am.

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

5. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I believe the organization calling Momof3 is a collection agency, not a telemarketer, therefore the TCPA does not apply, but the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) does apply. The hours for calling are the same: 8AM - 9PM local time for the party being called. One has to specifically send the collection agency a letter known as a 'cease and desist' letter to get them to stop calling.

6. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

When you pay the bill in full, or send them a 'cease and desist' letter. Your choice.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

wow thanks

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That wasn't quite the answer she was looking for. Actually, that was quite a smart alec remark

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

LKH

Yes I thought so too, but let it slide. Thanks LKH

mom

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: LKH

I always found talking dirty to the person who calls (sex-trashy dirty) keeps them from ever calling again.

11. netKat

netKat Guest

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: LKH

You animal.