When did ^^FICO= more approvals

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am just curious of those who have gone through the credit repair process and survived.

At what point with your score and length of time establishing new cards did credit card approvals and limit increases were easier to get.

If you have an AMEX and had poor credit how long did it take you to acheive that point?

I aiming for AMEX and perhaps another 2 prime cards.

Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated.

By the way I have never had an AMEX, I am not on their "blacklist" :)

Thanks in advance!

Cyprigirl :)

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You know, Cyprigirl, I was so sure my score was horrible, I never checked so when I did and found out it was 659, I tried to get a card (Aria) and darned if I didn't get it. (Also with lots of encouragement from the good people here!) So, even though I had done repair for a bit, I had convinced myself I was at a 401 or something like that... Since I have the knowledge of the scores I have, I've had the courage to apply and it seems my financial life has turned around. I realize I have improvement ahead but I can't really say what the magic score was since I was too afraid to try. I don't know if that helps at all...

IF it doesn't, could you just pretend it does so I look really cool? AHAHHAHA

3. Cyprigirl

Thanks for the comment Nana.

I just checked my Exper. since 11/2000, 19 negatives to 10 now with the strong possiblity of 6 more being removed in the next month. The rest are all paid off.

I checked Equix. from 11/2000, 13 negatives to 8 and 3 more coming off in the next few weeks after I made an agr. with the creditors and one was cancelled because it was not my account. So within the next few months I will be down to 4 paid chargeoffs on both Ex and Eq.

TU I am stilling waiting on their investigation. I have not had too much trouble with them in the past, so I think that will workout very well.

I did not use any service, just hard work on my own and I have been able to draft some letters that have gotten results as well as using the tips I found on this board, thanks to all!

4. Cyprigirl

I would really like some feedback about the FICO Score and when you started to really experience more approvals.

Or how long did you have your credit cards to see more results?

Cyprigirl:)

5. Cyprigirl

Hello out there could someone please give some feedback.

For instance if you were approved for an AMEX at what score were you able to obtain and how long was your credit reestablished?

Thanks a bunch!

Cyprigirl:)

6. Cyprigirl

Lizard:

Thanks for the comments!

I am around a 580 on both EX AND EQ now and I still have between 8 to 9 negatives currently on my reports, which should be down to 3 or 4 in a month's time.

I am just looking for a timeline. I have read some of the strategies like getting secured installment loans, but I think the effort is not worth the reward.

I am still in subprime, I recently got an invitation from MBNA and I was reading that they are very selective in who they invite to apply for their card.

I am a member of an organization that partners with MBNA and I am wondering should I apply?

Also how much does your occupation or where you work helps to boost your score?

I just don't want a wasted inquiry.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

7. Cyprigirl

Anyone with feedback ?

Where is everyone ?

8. Cyprigirl

Lizard:

I have 6 positive tradelines, never late and the negatives I should be down to 3 or 4 in a month and they are all paid and with some persistance, I should get rid of them all by the end of the year. I am trying to formulate my strategy for those now.

I know I am not ready for Prime yet. But 675 sounds like a good score that I can obtain, in addition to my new job I hope to get in a few months.

I currently have 4 collection accounts on my file and I believe those are killing my score, and I am pretty sure I can have those removed, my demand letters to the CRA are beginning to get results.

Thanks for the imput :)

9. Cyprigirl

Has anyone dealt with Arrow Financial, they placed an item on my file for over 4100 for a Bank One Visa I never had. When I disputed the item it was 3455 and now they have verified the item saying I owed them 4100 between 4/2000 to 6/2001.

I have sent a demand letter to EQ, the other two have deleted the item. Can someone give me an idea of how to deal with them next. I am planning on sending them a validation letter, I know this card is not mine and this is really killing my score.

I am really thinking of suing this company or EQ if they don't delete the item.

Thanks in advance!

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi, Cypri..I have dealt with them (hubby actually)..I sent validation letter and they first tried to bluff that they didn't hve to respond. I sent follow up and got a copy of their request for deletion sent to the credit bureaus signed by their manager..that was in Jan. Well, a week ago, the stupid thing popped up again. Of course, I have the deletion request by them with the same account number..I've emailed everyone (arrow, credit bureaus, etc)...now it's a matter of getting it back off....they are stupid to say the least.

11. Cyprigirl

Hi Nana,

Thanks for the input, I will send a validation letter to them as well. They have alot of nerve thinking that they can drop this one on me. I am ready for combat :),,,,,lol

Lizard: If you are out there, I read that you have a really good validation letter. Could you please post it again. I tried looking for it but could not find it.

Thanks in advance!