When did I move? Worthknowing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by melmonette, Nov 26, 2000.

1. melmonette

melmonette Guest

Hi all,
    I am new here but not new to credit and all its glory:) Anyway, I was reading for like 5 hours last night on this bb, I am so glad I found it. I saw all of you have been getting your credit reports from Worthknowing.com so I decided to check it out. I had gotten one from icredit.com I believe about 2 months ago and decided to see what this one said. So I filled out all the info and finally after having to verify my previous addresses like 10 times I found one that would authorize it to pull up my report. The address I had to use as my previous address was my college address from like over 9 years ago. I had since then rented in several other places, bought a house, got a divorce, sold the house, and rented in 3 more places. Anyway, my current address I have been renting at for over 2 1/2 years. WEll when it pulled up my report they had my current address of some address I don't even know where it is, it is actually in lower michigan, I live in the UP of mich and said I moved there in Sept 1, 2000 and that my previous addresses where my REAL current address and this college address from like 9 years ago or more. What is up with that? Also on there was 3 large credit deliquencies from Ameritech, obviously phone accounts, well I have a current phone from Ameritech and if I really owed on 3 more accounts like close to 1000 dollars don't you think they wouldn't have authorized me to have my current phone or be sending me bills for these accounts. Ugh, I am totally confused. OH and on the other credit report it does show two ameritech delinquincies but how come they never contact me about them if they are true.

confused,
    Melissa

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: When did I move? Worthkno

Sounds like you need to contact ameritech. just because you got a new phone doesnot mean you dont owe them. Sometimes different towns or states dont keep good records. Phone and utilities are bad collections to have. My address was all screwed up as well and when I pulled my credit reports I fixed it with a letter to the credit bureau. The real questions is do you owe the phone bills. Then you need to decide if you want to try to get it off your reports or if it is near the 7 year drop off point.

roni

3. melmonette

melmonette Guest

RE: When did I move? Worthkno

Thanks for replying Roni,
    Thing is any ameritech accounts I might have had have been only in this town. I have only ever had 2 phone #'s from Ameritech. The one I have now and have had since Sept 1997 and the one my ex hubby and I had when we were married and that phone number closed after I had already moved out and he got a new phone # before we sold the house.
    Ugh, I guess that would be since 1996 then but I definitely didn't have the other 2 delinquincies when I have only ever had 2 phone #'s from them which is includes the one I have know and yes I do have a past due amount on my bill but I still have the phone connected.
    Thanks again.