When do the prime credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

My credit problems were 3 years ago. I have received the Capital One and Providian offers etc. When do the prime card offers start? I make $36,000 and have perfect credit for 3 years now. I would like a Juniper card but I am afraid to apply. I think they would turn me down.

Four years ago, I used to receive credit card offers in the mail every day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

RE: When do the prime credit c

First off,I don't think it wise to applied for an Juniper card since the negatives on your reports still exist.
    Keep in mind that Cap One,Providian also has prime/sub prime/sub sub prime.The issue is will they approve you for their prime card that's a different measurement.Every lender and creditors will pull your reports to determine your risk score base on your credit
    history standing.Limits/apr/fees will depend
    on the Fico score.
    According to previous posters,base on their
    experiences and facts that creditors competed
    each other for new customers due to high volume of competition will grant approval to
    some individual that has blemish credits.
    Let says you had one or two tradelines on your credit reports with a subprime bank that
    record a limits of $3000 as indication.A prime institution may decide to offer you a
    Platinum card in order to take the business
    away from the former subprime financial.This
    is how some consumers climb from subprime to prime status.In your case, I just wait for the mails to come to me instead of applying
    to them and be denied.

Angela wrote:
    -------------------------------
    My credit problems were 3 years ago. I have received the Capital One and Providian offers etc. When do the prime card offers start? I make $36,000 and have perfect credit for 3 years now. I would like a Juniper card but I am afraid to apply. I think they would turn me down.

Four years ago, I used to receive credit card offers in the mail every day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Have you tried applying for the Citibank Aadvantage card? Do a search on this site for more information. Several people here have been approved.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

I also was going to mention Citibank.
    However try their Platinum Card it criteria is the same for advantage but no fee.
    Credit starts at 1,500.00 for Plat. with Citibank.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Don't expect to actually receive pre-approve offers (serious ones) with any major derog info.

Citibank AA advantage world mastercard classic silver is the only "decent" card i've ever gotten with any derogatory credit.

It's a great card, i got $4K limit, then converted it to the platinum select line which dropped the benefits, the interest to 17% and the yearly fee.

they did not offer it to me, i just applied at their site.