When does it get better?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annie, Sep 30, 2001.

1. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I have been working on my credit for a little over four months, i just received 5 inquiry deletions and four account deletions with two more coming (Providian and JC Penney, I have letters where they stated they would delete or change to paid in full). When can I see my score rise and begin to get preapprovals? I have a Dillards, Fashionbug, and Kmart card. I am seeking a Target card and a gas card. I keep disputing and will keep on. Thanks for any help.

Annie

Just trying to keep the MAN'S FOOT off my neck.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Target should be easy with a 600 score and those shell gas cards i hear are being handed out like candy..

As long as you have any major derogs on file, you'll have difficulties getting pre-approvals from anywhere. (prime). You might get some CCB or Providian or Orchard stuff, but i've got a 662 score now and still don't get any decent pre-approvals.

its the derogs that hold you down, once you get your report "CLEANED" completely, you'll be in good shape. Citibank is something you should try once you get all you ducks lined up..

3. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I shmaelessly begged for a Target card, they told me in six months after reviewing my file, so I will hold off on getting any more inquiries till then, I will also wait to apply for a gas card then (mid-Feb-March). I am paying my Kmart on full every month then charging it up (a Huge $200). So I hope around Xmas to get a raise on it from Cap 1. Anything else I need to do?

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

How long have you had the Kmart card? If you want to get the credit limit up, you might want to call them up and ask to speak with someone in retention. They can be somewhat stubborn when it comes to credit limits, but you could just say you are thinking about jumping ship to a competitor company or that your financial needs have exceeded the limit on the card. You could even mention something about the interest rate, say its too high for you to carry a balance on and if it was lower, you could afford to carry a balance.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

When they close down the CRAs till they get their act together.
    When they clamp down really hard on CAs.
    When the law gets tuff with Collectors.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Hey, George W. Bush signed the new Bankruptcy Bill of 2001. Wait a minute, that bill only helps the credit card companies that donated millions to his campaign. LOL. I guess it won't get better for at least 3+ years. DOH!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Target will give you a card as soon as you break 600 on your Experian ( as Sam said). Dont fret the small stuff.

8. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

Mike B,

There is no new bankruptcy bill.Infact, the new proposals are toast. See www.clla.org for the details.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

When they enact and enforce real regulations on the Banking,Insurance & Credit industries:
    and when we stop doing business with them.
    ===These are the 3 most under regulated businesses in the country!!==

10. lbowman

lbowman Well-Known Member

I have been working on my credit for a little over four months, i just received 5 inquiry deletions and four account deletions with two more coming (Providian and JC Penney, I have letters where they stated they would delete or change to paid in full). When can I see my score rise and begin to get preapprovals? I have a Dillards, Fashionbug, and Kmart card. I am seeking a Target card and a gas card. I keep disputing and will keep on. Thanks for any help.

Annie

Just trying to keep the MAN'S FOOT off my neck.
    Annie,

Just wondering. Have you had any response from Providian regarding the deletion (I ask because I'm currently trying to negotiate and they are not budging)? Have they agreed to delete? If so, could you post or send me via email their letter of agreement. This would help me greatly in my endeavor to get a deletion from them ( I have two accounts there). Thanks in advance.

lb
    my email is lekia2@yahoo.com