When is the 10 Yrs Up?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Mar 1, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

If I filed BK7 in March of 1991, when will it drop off my reports? Is it off today, 03/01/01, or will it be off on 04/01/01?

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Have you checked your reports lately? It would be due to drop off in February 2001. However, many CRA's end up removing items a few months early just to make sure they have them off in time. Order copies of all your reports - I'll bet it's gone. If you haven't seen your report lately you need to make sure everything else on there is accurate as well - especially items included in that bankruptcy.

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Yes, I've cleaned everything else up a few months ago. I was hoping that as of today 03/01/01 I'm spotless. I was just wondering if I should wait until 04/01/01.

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Rick,

You can check your credit report online and find out immediately! Equifax and Experian offer online access to your credit report! Check it out. The BK's should be gone!

chet

5. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Let us know if it's gone. If the bk is from 3/91 it can only be legally reported until 2/91. If it was still reported through 3/01 then that would be 10 years and one month. It's got to be gone!! ;-)

6. rick

rick Well-Known Member

IT"S GONE - MVFL & CH

Hey Everyone!
    My BK is history (at least with Experian and Equifax)! I wonder who will offer me a card first!
    Thanks MVFL & Chet for urging me to check my reports. I assume TransUnion is OK too.

7. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: IT"S GONE - MVFL &amp

Great! Good luck in the prime world! :)