When Platinum isn't Prime!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, May 7, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I talked to Bank of America today about my new "Platinum Select" credit card. I called because I looked at my account online, and they had charged balance transfer fees, some $56 against my account.

Ther rep was nice enough and deleted the fees, but refused to waive the $39 annual fee, and when I asked what my rate would "go to" after the teaser rate was up, he said (and I asked him about three times to repeat it) the rate would go to 12.99 PLUS prime.

So my Platinum card has a 5K limit, annual fee and a horrendous interest rate. My NextCard only charges 12.99 and has the rewards program and I plan to talk them down on that, and there is no fee.

I am disappointed in the Platinum BOA...the only good thing is that my transfers stay at 9.9 until they are paid off. If you have a choice, I think NextCard is a better deal.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

greyfox,
    Both of my BofA Platinium cards has no annual fees and 9.9% fixed APR for purchases as long as my account is in good standings. In their agreements whether they charged you annual fees or not and the terms depends on your credit hsitory and the type of accountsthat you have with Bank Of America.

Ron.

3. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Ron, how long have you had your accounts, and will they adjust the terms if the account is kept in good standing?

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Greyfox is making a good point. B of A is out to make money any way it can. They are a reputable bank but they attach a fee to everything.

My Nextcard has good terms considering where I am at in the credit restoration process.