When retaining help...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I am considering retaining Lexington to assist in my credit repair. I am trying to answer some questions, and have one that I have not read much input on. It concerns the length of time to retain.

I know it takes a couple of months to begin seeing results.
    I figure harder things will take longer to remove (how long I would imagine is different in every case).

So how does one decide when to stop retaining Lexington (or Junum) once started (assuming they dont wipe off all items and you KNOW your are done).

Do you wait until ony the "hard to remove" items remain then give it a couple months and if nothing happens cancel?

How do you know how long to give those harder items before you stop oaying the monthly fees?

I know there is no "real" answer but anyone who has gone down the retainer route, please help with how you are deciding these issues.

Thanks, -Dave

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Actually I just saw Junum has 14.95/month reduced rate...maybe Ill try them for a few months first. -dave

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I finally gave up and retained Junum due to constraints on my time to track and follow up on my credit repair project. I was a little disappointed that I was charged the first month before I realized I had to have my credit reports sent to my home address and remail them to Junum. Even if you order the reports through their service, all three for $29.95, you still go through the remailing. They will not accept a copy of the report by fax to expedite the process.
    But I am holding out good hopes due to the reports I have seen on postive results from others.