Where do I send letter?? (CA or OC)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debtchoked, Aug 22, 2003.

1. debtchoked

debtchoked Well-Known Member

I have 2 separate MBNA accounts. I made arrangements with Wolpoff & Abramson last summer (6/2002). I've paid them every month regularly (of course--since they're deducting the payments right from my checking account!!!).

The problem: MBNA is reporting a charge off and many, many lates (throughout 2002 & 2003--after I made arrangements) for one account and many, many lates for the other account (throughout 2002 & 2003--after I made arrangements).

I called MBNA and they refused to talk to me because they "no longer have the account". W & A won't do anything because they are not reporting me late.

I've disputed the MBNA tradelines over and over again. I'm having fairly good luck except for EXP. I've disputed with letters ("not my account"). I've disputed online ("no knowledge of account"). The tradelines still remain. It's to the point now where EXP won't take another request for investigation ("already investigated").

What is my next step?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

If they "no longer have the account", and they sold it, it is illegal for them to keep reporting. I would sue them.

Was this charged off?

3. debtchoked

One account is showing "Charge Off" the other is just showing an array of 120, 90, 60, and 30 day lates.

How do I begin to fight this? Do I start with a letter? If so, who do I send the letter to?

Thanks for your info.

4. debtchoked

{BUMP}

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Did you ever receive validation from W & A? In any of their correspondence did they indicate whether they were the assignee or the new owner?

6. debtchoked

I never went through validation with them. Last summer, we received very official looking documents through FedEx from W & A and the National Arbitration Foundation that basically scared us to death. At that time, we tried making payment arrangements with MBNA and they told us that the account was now out of their hands.

I dealt with W & A on the phone and was very much bullied into a payment agreement which they insisted I put in writing and send to the NAF. I did. After a couple of months of struggling to make the horribly large payments, W & A did allow me to lower the payment arrangement (not the balances!!) to smaller monthly amounts; however, they insisted that I give them 12 months worth of check numbers in advance for each payment. I did. (Stupid--I know).

Well, my 12 months are just about up. W & A has check numbers through Sept. 2003. I know they will be contacting me soon for the rest of the balance. What do I do about W & A and what do I do about the fact that MBNA still continues to report us as late even though we've made regular payments to W & A?? W & A has never reported anything to any of the CRAs so they say they can't help me with MBNA. MBNA says they can't help me because they no longer have the account. The CRAs keep telling me that the accounts have been verified.

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Did MBNA mark the accounts in dispute with the CRA's?

8. debtchoked

Here is exactly what it says on my hubby's EXP report:

MBNA Gold Option Account--
    Account charged off/Past due 120 days. $6,658 written off. $742 past due as of 7-2003.

Status Details:
    This item was verified on 8-2003 and remained unchanged.

Account History:
    Charge Off as of 11-2002 to 7-2003
    150 days as of 11-2002
    120 days as of 7-2002 to 10-2002, 5-2002, 4-2002
    90 days as of 6-2002, 3-2002
    60 days as of 2-2002
    30 days as of 1-2002, 12-2001, 12-1998

MBNA Visa--
    Open/Current, was past due 120 days.

Status Details:
    This item was verified on 8-2003 and remained unchanged.

Account History:
    120 days as of 4-2002 to 6-2002
    90 days as of 3-2002
    60 days as of 2-2002
    30 days as of 12-2002, 11-2002, 8-2002, 1-2002, 12-2001, 9-2001, 4-2001, 12-2000, 12-1998

Reminder:
    payments made to W & A--

Gold option--5/15/02-$300, 6/3/02-$300, 7/2/02--$274, 8/6/02-$274, 8/31/02-$274, 11/6/02 through 8/6/03 $184 every month (auto deduction)

Visa--5/15/02-$300, 6/3/02-$300, 7/2/02-$210, 8/6/02-$210, 8/31/02-$210, 11/8/02 through 8/8/03 $150 every month (auto deduction)

9. debtchoked

[BUMP]

10. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Is this the balance you owe after paying on it? I know I have a JCP chargeoff that is showing xx past due, which was the total payment due when it went to Chargeoff.

Actually, they are reporting that it is still a chargeoff as of 7-2003...they have not added any lates since 11/2002. Amex reports my CO as that status every month faithfully - it does not negatively affect my score each month.

They are reporting that this WAS past due, but is now current. They haven't added any new lates since 6-2002.

11. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Once a chargeoff, it will remain a charge off paid or not - unless you are able to negotiate otherwise.

12. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

It looks like this account became 120 days past due in 4/2002. In 5/2002 you started marking payments, and with the 7/2002 you brought it "current". It looks like you rescued this account before it went to a charge-off status.

13. debtchoked

so. . . should I just continue to dispute them as "not my account" with the CRAs?

14. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Have you done a procedures request with the CRA's?

15. debtchoked

I just sent out procedure requests (mine and my hubby's--separate envelopes of course!) to Exp yesterday. I'm still waiting for updated reports from TU and EQ.

Am I on the right track? I'm pretty new here.

16. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

17. debtchoked

I know I made several mistakes when this whole thing started over a year ago. I can't undo what I did.

Since W & A went through the National Arbitration Foundation, since we've been paying them every month for the past year+, and since they already have our checking account info., I just figured that there is nothing I can do about it. Am I wrong? I don't want to get caught up in a legal battle with them since I've already admitted to owing the money. (through the NAF, proposals I sent last summer, etc.)

I've resigned myself to having to pay the debt. I was just hoping that I could get the horrible MBNA accounts cleared off our credit reports. W & A won't help because they aren't the ones reporting us--MBNA, the OC is the one reporting us (Me--one of the accounts; Hubby--both accounts)

18. lbrown59

Re: Re: Where do I send letter?? (CA or OC)

Any one have any suggestions for This poster/

19. debtchoked

Re: Re: Where do I send letter?? (CA or OC)

[BUMP]

20. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Where do I send letter?? (CA or OC)