where do i start?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Aug 16, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Well-Known Member

I just received a combinrd credit report that shows all 3 cr scores eqf=611 tu=587 exp=-614.There are a lot of errors on this report but it doesn't state which cr reported the error.Example some accounts that were dismissed by bankcrupcy show up as charge offs.So how do i dispute some of these errors.Also bk was caused by buisness failure of a sole proprieture food store.Any advice where to start?Thanks!

2. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Hi Peeper , welcome to the board.

Don't want to Set you back but you need to order three seperate reports from all the CRA's.

Each one will have a credit file/report number on it that you will need to correspond with the agencies over the phone and/or online.

Once that is done, you have submit disputes online.

We will help you once you are able to tell us what is on each report.

Good Luck

3. beary

beary Well-Known Member

I'm just starting out as well, found this great site yesterday. I didn't know I should get an individual report from each of the three CB's. Thanks! I just have one from Experian, but I'll get one from each of the other two. Do I have to pay for it?

4. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Go to their web site. Consumers in certain states get one free report per year. Their website will tell you which states. Maryland is one.

If that fails, have you been denied credit lately? If so, you should have gotten a letter saying you were denied because of something in your credit report from a particular agency. That entitles you to a free copy of that report. I think you have to ask within 60 days of the denial.

If no success up to this point, try some of the free credit report services. Worthknowing.com gives you a report from one of the three CRA's, but I'm not sure which. And, it is instant over the internet. Just don't pay any attention to the score they give you. It is useless. Other free services (some advertised on this site) will get you a free report but usually make you sign up for some service that will cost you money if you do not cancel within 30 days.

If all else fail, pay for it. It is about $8.50 per CRA.

Be prepared for a hassle. Equifax will probably require you to send in proof of who you are. Tu will only send it by mail. Experian can take up to 2 months to deliver the report.

5. beary

beary Well-Known Member

A hassle? I thought these were service agencies...aren't they supposed to be on MY side when it comes to removing these errors?

Or am I tragically naive?

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

VERY tragically naive. Sorry, but it can be a full time job getting your reports the way they should be. Look out, because they will delete positive tradelines and verify that errors are correct. They will change your birth date and even co-mingle your social security # and resulting profile with another person (this has happened to me twice now, yesterday as a matter of fact, my husband is now co-mingled with mine on TU). They will report balances wrong, open accounts as closed and closed accounts as open. Some things may be duplicated and other items will have differing dates of occurance on different Credit Bureau reports. The whole credit reporting system is way outta whack and I, along with so many on this board, have lots of proof.

Get started, be persistant, and make the time to send the letters and disputes when anything is wrong with your profiles. It is time-consuming and frustrating but your financial reputation and the $$ you'll pay for your credit will be higher if you don't.

Good luck, and please keep us updated as to your progress and pitfalls.

7. beary

beary Well-Known Member

How do these people get away with it? They are playing with people's lives here!! This is just wrong!

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Yes, and we all need to start filing lawsuits when their errors cause the pricings of our credit/loans/mortgages to be higher than they otherwise would have been had the errors not existed at the time the profiles were pulled. Damages could be substantial. The same goes for creditors who misreport.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

http://www.worthknowing.com =free report - trans union - delete your account after you get your report and you can get another one before the 3 months is up.

https://www.privista.com/cp/v3_jump.jsp
    equifax - 30 day trial then $19.95 for the entire year. good service.

or
    Equifax credit watch service online disputes, etc. $24.95 a year 6 reports, no trial period, but I hear they'll refund your money if you don't like the service.
    https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/w...erProducts?start=&orderSource=ECW&productId=3

http://www.creditexpert.com
    Experian monitoring service
    30 day trial then $79 a year

hope this helps,

breeze

10. rogerjones

rogerjones Active Member

Welcome to the "World of Credit Correctness".

My advice is to get outside help.

If you have the time and are willing to follow up on a weekly basis, I would HIGHLY recommend Bill Bauer's "Credit Wrench" program. It is the best $50 I have ever spent. It is far superior to anything else I have come across. Be forewarned, it requires a LOT of WORK on your part. But, this program does definitely work. I have had several Unpaid Collection and Chargeoffs removed. Now, 90% of the population will not follow up to insure that a program like this works.

If you do not have the TIME and Persistence, I would consider hiring Bill to do the work for you or hire someone like Lexington.

You have to remember you are viewed as a LIABILITY to the Credit Bureaus. They make NO PROFIT from you. Therefore, this is WAR that you are engaging in. You will fight many, many Battles to win this WAR. It can be done. Do not give up!!! If you give up you LOSE. Many on this board can give testimony to the Success awaiting you. Hang in there and DO SOMETHING !!!!!!! Do not sit by and continue to be a VICTIM of the SYSTEM!!!!!!

roger

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

=============We also need to flood our Fed.And State Reps.with complaints.
    We need to get tons of exposure airing our problems vie the news media and consumer rights groups too.

12. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

How do you delete the old worthknowing account?

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SIGN ON
    CLICK ON MY ACCOUNT AT TOP OF PAGE
    HAS ALL THE ANSWERS...IF YOU WANT TO "RE-DO" IT...PRINT PAGE
    CLICK ON DELETE
    CONFIRM DELETE
    IT'S GONE

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TO RE-DO...
    Click on main page...SET UP NEW ACCOUNT.
    If you printed the answer page, just put in exact same answers.