where do you go from here?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by on the go, Jan 19, 2001.

1. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

B/R ch.7 5 yrs. ago have since aquired the standard Cap.1 gold,Prov.gold,orchard,aria, they are all about 18mo.-24mo.old,have car loan, just recieved my 1st mortg. (yea!). I feel like I am starting to make ground again,I would like to obtain some prime credit and get rid of the subprime,(at least 1 or 2 ). My intrest on Cap. is not bad 13.9% but prov. is at 18% along with the others my total credit limit with cap. is only1500 but we know there tight, combined credit on others is 6,000. Im not sure what my score is, and dont want to waist inquires, where do you go from here?

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new home :)

If your bk is still on your reports then when you apply to any prime banks online it will probably result in a denial. However, with your track record. I bet you could call and ask for a second level review and explain why you had to file bk and why you are not going to have those problems again. And get an approval :)

Second option is to go to your local bank and talk to them about receiving a prime card. Explain your circumstances and see.

Good luck,
    Kelly

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Great job !
    Assuming that you have been perfect with your payments and have no recent inquiries,
    I would apply for no more than 2 prime cards at this time.

- Citibank Platinum
    - Amex Blue (apply only IF you have 2 2 yrs old cards)
    - Chase Platinum

Note: If you included Citibank in your bankrupcy you might not be approve. When you get the prime cards and you activate them, dump providian and orchard (just my opinion).

Good luck !

4. on the go

I didnt think citibank would take a previous bankrupcy? doese anyone know? thanks for the input.

5. Carl Thoma

Carl Thoma Guest

On the go. I'm also 5 year post chap 7. How did you fair on your mortgage. Did you go to a broker, bank or what? How did you fair with your APR. Details would help me. Thanks!

6. on the go

I went to a broker I was real leary but I got a deal on a place that had 50,000 equity, so I figured what the hell, the broker pulled my credit and said didnt look bad at all Ive only been reestablishing the last 2yrs. my intrest rate isnt great but he told me to pay on time for 1yr and refinace and I shouldnt have any problem getting prime rate he told me that the mortg would help my credit score a great deal my apr is 10% Im waiting to here my score he said he would get it to me.Hope it helps, good luck

7. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I don't think Citibank will approve with a bankruptcy, but you might have a chance with Amex if you did not file on them. Also, if you call Providian and threaten to close your account,they will lower your APR.

8. confused

confused Guest

I just got my bankruptcy discharged this month and I want to rebuild my credit. I just got a FCNB unsecured with 1000 credit limit. I was told by a mortgage broker to open 2 more accounts which I am trying to do, but don't a million denials. Any suggestions? Also, I notice that most of the accounts included in my bankruptcy are still showing on my report as active...when do they go away and show only the bankruptcy?

9. Saar

Saar Banned

If the debt to Amex or Citi was included in your bankruptcy, don't bother applying with any of them unless you pay them back.

Call Providian and Cap 1 and ask to speak w/ their Retention departments. With Cap 1, insist on a 12.9% APR. With Providian, insist on a 16.9 APR. Good luck.

Saar

10. Carrot

Carrot Guest

HAve you applied for a secured card from Capital One? You might want to try Orchard, Providian, Direct Merchants bank, or some of the other cards mentioned on this board.

You will need to dispute the items on your credit report that are not being reported as included in your BK.

11. on the go

The only credit card included in my bankruptcy was a discover. I just found out my credit score is a 670 but the ultimate goal would be to get a amex but Im affraid Im not at that point yet. I just got use to this approval stuff that letter of rejection is so brutal.

12. confused

confused Guest

I applied for Cap 1 online and it said I will get a response in 7-10. I had Direct Merchants and Providian just before my bankruptcy and they closed my account even though I didn't include them and my account was in good standing. I hadn't even received my first bill from Providian.