Where to Get Current Credit Scores

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriscraft, Jul 16, 2001.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

I am interested in getting my official FICO scores (i.e., FICO, Beacon, and Empira scores). Does anyone know how I can get these three scores without generating a hard inquiry on any of my reports? I really want to see my current scores, but not at the cost of any inquiries. Any thoughts on how to best do this?

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

3. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Nave, thanks for the info. I'll give them a try. Appreciate the response.

4. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Chriscraft.....

These are not the real official FICOs. Only the Equifax is the real FICO - http://www.myfico.com.

The other two are approximations, not the real FICO.

Tom

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Tom,
    You are correct only the ScorePower (Equifax) score professes to be a true FICO.

As for CreditExpert, several people like Momof3 have found that it is within a point or 2 of their FICO score when they had it pulled by lenders.

Click here to see that thread

TransUnion comes directly from TU, I have not gotten my score from them but I assume it would follow closely TU's own FICO scoring algorithm or it is as useless as Worthknowing score.

I know these may not be your true FICO scores and I can understand your post, however they are the best approximations of FICO's scoring algorithm we have seen yet and may in fact be close enough to actual lenders models to be useful in that regard.

-Dave

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Just don't get your TU score from IdentityGuard..what a waste!

7. tmitchell

Nave....

Point well taken. However, my CreditExpert is a 578. My true FICO from Experian is 492. That's an 86 point difference (in the wrong direction).

I should have my Transunion score tomorrow so I guess I'll see how close it is.

Tom

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Wow that is sure a big difference between CE and what you got for a FICO score. That is outrageous. When July 1 came and went and they were supposed to give us access to our scores (Calif anyway) you would think they would have to give us access to a scoring model that was at least NEAR a FICO score...not some random scoring system that spits out a completely useless number.

MORE FTC COMPLAINT TIME!

-Dave

9. tmitchell

I know, I don't know why many people have a CE and FICO that closely match while mine is so different! Hopefully, the TU score I'll be getting in the mail in the next day or so will closely match my FICO with TU.

Tom

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MINE...
    EQUIFAX F.I.C.O. 698
    TRANSUNION 730