Whew!!--I got the loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tareco, Jun 12, 2001.

1. tareco

tareco Well-Known Member

I approved today for the car loan! I will be getting a brand new 2001 Nissan Sentra--loaded! The dealer got one for me through Americredit. (Anyone familiar with them?) Just $1000 down--don't know the interest yet but I don't care because my credit union will refinance me in 6 months. This should really help bring up my score! I pick it up on Thursday! Thanks to all for all of the good advice!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

My car loan is through Americredit. 11%. I got it three years ago when I had nothing but terrible credit. They are ok to deal with. They have a website where you can get account information but you cannot pay there yet.

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I have Americredit also. Never a problem. I got it in 98 and I believe my interest rate is like 15% or something. Who knows at this point <smile>

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

My car loan is also with Americredit. So far they are reporting everyting correctly with the CRA's and have been easy to work with. The bummer is the 16% interest rate.

BTY this was a $28,000 used car (Audi A4 2.8)

If you have access to a credit union you should join it. My credit union will re-finance the car at 8% after my score rises to 640!

Mike

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTY this was a $28,000 used car (Audi A4 2.8)
    If you have access to a credit union you should join it. My credit union will re-finance the
    car at 8% after my score rises to 640!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M ALWAYS AMAZED AT THE LOGIC WITH SCORE BASED LOANS...
    YOU HAVE A LOAN SECURED BY A $28,000 CAR WITH F.I.C.O. UNDER 640...BUT AFTER F.I.C.O. 640+ YOU HAVE A LOAN SECURED BY A $28,000 CAR...

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

NICE CAR TOO!

Sentras get great reviews - I've had excellent luck with my Maxima - welcome to years of problem free driving - that's the most important thing :) Sporty too!

I saw one drag racing a Civic one afternoon.

c ya dogman