Which accounts to close???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Nov 3, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: To LadyCarr

Lady, I have the same feeling about NextCard and their limit. I started with $700 about 8 months ago, and when I called for an increase the end of August, a supervisor said that my account was just reviewed (that's how I got my score, they had just pulled a credit report-AR), and she said, "Hell, you'll definitely be getting an upgrade with that kind of score (703). Well, it turns out that I got and letter of denial in the mail: their reason was I have the MAX limit for the NextCard "lite" account. They currently do not offer card type upgrades, so I'm SOL for a little while. Urrg...

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dave you have a great credit score. Why do you really care about an increase. Does your income support much more available credit? I hope you get the AMEX card so you can budget well, especially when you return to school and there is drop in your cash. I think you should be on top of the world. AT your age, that is very impressive.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

My income is about 3000/mo gross. I have no house, a $308 car payment, owe $1150 to Dell for my new computer, and that's it. Obviously pay the CC's off in full each month. So yes, my income supports more credit, but I don't actually need it. I'm going for the best looking profile possible, and higher limits on fewer cards normally does that!!

Thanks for the compliment about the score! I couldn't believe it when the lady told me.
    But needless to say, with many lenders, the # of inquiries has probably hurt my limit on some of the newly approved cards, not to mention possibly a profile <1 year old...

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

old saying...

Good Things Comes To Those Who Wait.

Yours are just around the corner.

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks, Roni

Roni, I appreciate your sense of humor and your GREAT advice! Thanks a million!!!