Which CC is hardest/easiest to get?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jfpruitt, Oct 1, 2001.

1. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

I'm just curious. For the average joe not making 100K a year, which CC is the hardest/easiest to get?

2. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I found MNBA ($20,000) limit); Citi ($15,000 limit); and First USA (($27,000 limit), all easy to get.

Juniper turned me down..

3. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Geez...those are high CL's. I think the most I've ever been approved for is $6k

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU SAID NOT MAKING $100,000...try JUNIPER and CITIBANK and GET SMART...they ALL denied me and my wife...(they don't like our income $100,000+)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

For some weird reason, they prefer LOWER income people.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

citi AA is the easiest prime card to get. You will find it hard to get anything in the 600-650 range except for the citi AA.

If you are in the 680-700+ range you should get just about any prime card you want as long as you have the basics covered.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEE ABOVE MY F.I.C.O. 704...WIFE F.I.C.O. 741...DENIED CITIBANK...

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

George i dunno why they don't approve you, my household income is over 100K reported to citi, my fico is 650'ish, i got approved, it must be your reported debt load or something. Our household never exceeds about 7K in revolving debt reported on the reports..

It's certainly not your income...

what else might it be?

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I SPEND A LOT...but I also pay a lot...but the (application) computers interpret the credit reports as if I only spend, never pay, I guess.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD KEEP A 0.00% CARD AT 20% OR 30%???

MY 0.00% CARD HAS $5.00 OPEN TO BUY ON $11,700.00

SO I AM MAXED OUT...BUT I CAN PAY IN FULL EVERY CARD ABOVE 9.99%...AND THE CARDS THAT ARE UNDER 9.99% I PAY WAY MORE THAN MINIMUM...

IF THE BILL SAYS $60.00 MINIMUM...I MAY PAY $400.00
    IF IT SAYS $387.49 MINIMUM...I MAY PAY $900.00

I USE CREDIT TO MAKE MONEY, AND SAVE MONEY...