which co's do blacklists?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am wondering which creditors do blacklists? I have heard that AmEx was one of them..d o you guys know if the others do as well? What I mean, is if I defaulted on a credit card through MBNA Or Citibank for example, but after I get my CR clean.. will they deny me for cards? Any others besides AmEx that are known to do this?

2. Ann

Ann Guest

Why do you plan on it??

Amex and Citibank do was well as other banks.

Sorry but your questions seems rather odd. You asked if you defaulted , do you plan on defaulting?? And even if your record is clean, Amex and Citi keep internal records, but do you mean clean after seven years or do you plan on trying to get out of your debts through the newest method craze going around this board??

I am sorry but this board used to give good advice, we helped each other rebuild/build credit, not get out of paying legitimate debts. And I can see from this post the message here, default on your debts, dispute the heck out of them and hope they get removed, this is sad.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Ann

That is a very unfair assumption on your part Ann. Maybe an illness occurred and he had to file a bankruptcy. Or maybe he lost his job at one time and settled the account for a lesser amount and wants to try to get a new account with a particular bank. I think you are jumping the gun and I don't think that you can assume anything from that message.

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: Why do you plan on it??

Ann: LK is correct on this.. all my credit cards have already been CHARGED-OFF and sold already many years ago.. including AmEx Optima and BofA, etc. The question now however is that once my credit is better, will I ever be able to have a card with those companies again? That is what I am asking.. not a strategy on how to get freebies.

I also don't appreciate your accusations or having to defend myself in any way either.. so if you don't have an answer to my question, then please don't respond at all. No offense intended.

5. Ann

Ann Guest

Well you asked "what if" I defaulted, you never said you had already defaulted.

You will never get Amex again, unless you pay them back what you owe them, even if it was discharged in a BK, and Citibank has a long memoery as well, but I believe after 10 or so years if can be done.

So yes I did answer your question, no offense intended.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Ender Wigg

I'm new around here but my situation sounds like it was somewhat similiar to yours. I had an account with Citibank and defaulted many years ago when my financial situation changed dramatically when I entered graduate school. My seven years was up a few years ago. I'd lived without credit for some time, and not too long ago applied for a citibank platinum card. I was approved with a pretty good credit limit. I don't know whether they keep internal lists or not, but they did approve me, I have the card and use it. Hope that helps a little.

7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim for the positive note on that.. maybe it is only AmEx that keeps long histories? However, I have been able to get a corporate card through them.. so who knows how long anyone's history or what it may be based off. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things go.. first things first though - gotta get my credit improved before I take that next step anyway..

8. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Jim, What year did you default on Citibank?

Thanks
    Chet

9. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

who you gonna call?

"You will never get Amex again, unless you pay them back what you owe them, even if it was discharged in a BK, and Citibank has a long memoery as well, but I believe after 10 or so years if can be done."

Okay so let me get this straight:
    cc: Thank you for calling _____ Card Services, this is <operator 222>, may I help you??

me: Hi, I haven't contacted you since the Hoover Administration when I went chapter 7/11/13. But I'd like to pay on that account so I can get another card with you people. What's the balance owed on that account?

cc: Sure thing! <2 second pause> You account balance is $xxx and if you do a check by phone right now, I'll activate a new Plutonium card with a $30k limit for you!

Do they *really* have those balances for accounts that old?

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: who you gonna call?

ALL ACCOUNTS ARE CROSS-REFERENCED BY SS#...
    CROSS-REFERENCED BY PHONE #...
    CROSS-REFERENCED BY ADDRESS...

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: Ann

Ann,

The phrase "if I defaulted" is not necessarily hypothetical. It could refer to an accomplished fact. For you to conclude beyond doubt that Ender was considering defaulting in the future, he would have needed to write "if I were to default." As it reads, his post was somewhat ambiguous, so you really didn't know what he intended to do. As for planning to default, nothing that he wrote indicated such a plan.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Ann

You got out of line with me a while back and now I see you are doing it again with Ender. Chill out.