Which CRA's ard harder with di

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Jan 23, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I have a question. Which CRA's are harder to get items taken off your credit file. I have done all 3 and I got 5 taken off of transunion, 2 off of Experian and 3 off of Equifax.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

2. John S

John S Guest

RE: Which CRA's ard harder wit

YMMV, but I have had equal success, both good and bad, with all three. It all depends upon the issue being disputed, the documentation you have to back it up, and the creditor in question.

If I had to pick some type of order, I'd have to say it would go like this:

Trans Union - more difficult than the rest
    Experian - 2nd most difficult
    Equifax - easiest

Again, these were my experiences.

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

In my experience, Trans Union and Experian have been the easiest (Experian removed two judgments over the phone!), Equifax the most difficult.

I suspect this is because Equifax is the main CRA in my state--I have about 25 inquiries on EQ, 9 on TU, and 7 on EXP. Since TU and EXP aren't making any money off of my report, it's not profitable for them to research a dispute. Just a thought...

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I think the answer depends on where you live.

I live in Equifax territory. This bureau is the hardest for me. TU is rarely used and they are the easiest from which I receive positive results.

I'm in Ohio

Kelly

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

YMMV?

What does that mean again? Sorry...

6. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

RE: YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: YMMV?

OH.....thanks!

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I've dealt with them all and found them all about equal... MORONS The info they report is only as good as the person entering it.

9. Mary

Mary Guest

Without a doubt, Experian is the worst. I live in NJ, and my Experian is serviced thru CBA information, some kind of local outfit. I have had about 8 things removed from TU and Equifax, but Experian has yet to remove a single thing, even when I had written proof that the item was not mine. trans Union is the easiest for me, (plus the people are the most pleasant, and easy to get on the phone) but then again, no one has pulled my TU in ages. Also, no one seems to report to them anymore..

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I work with Lexington Law Firm (who handles many, many reports and disputes.)

I would agree with John's list, though it varies hugely from bureau to bureau and area to area. CRAs have many regional branches that handle disputes. If you are dealing with a "local bureau," then it often becomes more difficult to get results. Our experience is that about 1/4 of credit reports come from local bureaus, so your odds of hitting one are fair.