Which is best sub-prime?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by it's me, Oct 4, 2000.

1. it's me

it's me Guest

Thanks, do you know if aria would approve with only one account that's only about 2 months old?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: and more

Unfortunately, Capital One is not the only lender by far who does not report the credit limit on their cards. I know that Citibank also does this. This seems to be happening more often with lenders. As was stated before, creditors do not want anyone else offering you a higher limit. The only problem is, how does this reflect on your FICO score?

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: and more

An important component of your credit score is the ratio between your outstanding revolving balances and total available credit. Assume all of your creditors report credit limits. You have a total of $35K in credit lines and you owe $14K. 60% of your credit lines are unused. This is a somewhat favorable ratio which would boost your FICO score. If you have a card with a credit limit of $15K and -0- balance that does not report the limit, it will appear on your credit report that you have $20K in total revolving credit and you owe $14K yielding a ratio that shows you have only 1/3 of total credit that is not used. This would yield a lower score and you would probably be denied for a high balance to limit ratio.

PS Citibank is reporting credit limits on two of my three reports. So, I'm not sure they have a policy of not reporting.