Which is hardest to delete

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Apr 24, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Just to see opinions, which of the three CRAs seems to be the toughtest to delete/dispute from and why. Also list any experiences and tips on things that worked!

Thanks

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

In my experience, Experian did not reinvestigate accounts for me.

MikeB

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

IMHO, it really depends on where you live. For examply, Experian handled by CSC, a local agency in my home state. They are awful in every way. SLoppy work, they lie, dont reinvestigate properly, late on disputes, you name it. Other people have had little or no problem with them. On the other hand, Trans Union is fine for me. The reps are by far the nicest, (and I get the farthest with them:) but other people say they have had bad experiences with them.

It depends on whether you deal with the CRA themselves, or one of these "local agencies." Having said that, for me:

Experian is the worst for getting a rep on the phone (nearly impossible) and the above noted reasons.
    TransUnion is the easiest, because they just dont seem to want to be bothered, and that is to my benefit. I have successfully had things deleted on the phone with them, and they are always polite and pleasant.
    Equifax is in the middle somewhere,no major complaints or compliments there.

4. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

I agree with Marypc. TransUnion is the only one that actually deleted things while I was on the phone, and the reps were pleasant. Experian and Equifax act like you are bothering them when you call.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Well, Equifax as been by far the easiest for me, unitl now. Dealing with them about an NCO Collection account seems to be difficult. NCO told me they don't have me in their files but Equifax claims to have verified the debt.

In the past, Equifax basically deleted every thing I disputed, even a 7K charge off from Cap One. I used to thing they were customer service friendly.

TU doesn't want to be bothered like someone posted earlier. I have never talked to them, I have only sent disputes to them.

Experian seems to be the worst. Since I live in Pgh, I have to deal with their local office. Their reps don't appear to be trained well, they blatantly lie to you, and I don't believe they investigate. When I call it sounds like total chaos, and the reps are extremely short.

It appears to me that the difficulty that most people have is when their disputes are handled by a local CRA (Equifax, TU, Experian) does anyone agree?

6. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

TU was the easiest to deal with. Got it right the first time. Equifax was the fastest to respond but did not get it right the first time. Got more of it right the second time. Now I am waiting on my third time with them and hoping they get it all right this time. Experion is the worst by far. Totally unresponsive. Difficult to deal with.