Which is the best card to get??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Jul 9, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

I am planning to open a small business and would like to apply for credit card.

I currently only have one with a 2K limit.

Need some advice. I have a pretty low FICO score around 600.

What is the best card out there for my situation and what is the best way to go:

apply online
    apply by mail
    apply with bank I choose to hold my biz account?

I was looking at the AMEX or Citibank cards but a little intimidated by possible rejection.

(Hi to everyone, I have not posted in a while)

2. john

john Well-Known Member

What kind of negatives do have on your credit report?

Do you have any recent lates? If they are less than two years old then you probably won't get it. I am pretty sure a bankruptcy = no card also. You might want to look around on this board for more info on that.

I haven't had a late payment in 5 years and my score is only 610-620. I got two Citi cards recently. I have some old stuff that is going to fall off within two years that is impairing my score, but hopefully I will get above 700 after it drops off..but until then...

The theory is that they use their own internal scoring system. I got rejected from Chase and Amex ... approved at Nextcard and Citi.

Only use Crapital One and GetSmart(Providian) as a last resort.

Good luck!!!

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

I would say check your credit reports and find out what kind of negatives you have and how old they are. Citibank seems to be approving people with less than perfect credit but whether you qualify or not all depends on your credit history.

Alex

-------------------------
    Free Credit Repair Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Anyone,does Citibank own associates?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yes, Citi owns Associates now.

breeze

6. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Yes, Citifinancial now owns Associates.

This is an ideal time to dispute any Associates charge-offs and especially any old Avco charge-offs. Citifinancial has closed all Associates recovery centers and is presently attempting to centralize these accounts out of their existing recovery centers. As during any acquisition information is sometimes difficult to confirm or access.

7. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with rejection. Be prepared to change your current status if rejected. Cut down on your debt, increase your income and wait a few months and apply again. I have built my credit with patience. If you want good credit, you must exercise it. CreditWorks got credit from Advanta after a few months in business, we also got Amex Optima and a line of credit. If you really need credit for your small business and your history is not that good, consider a partner that has a good credit history.

www.creditsense.com