which letter do i send.not my accou

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joer, Oct 27, 2001.

1. joer

joer Well-Known Member

i have a medical bii that is not mine.It states that i owe $280.00 on TU,EQ,and Exp.I want to send them a letter that creditnet has posted ,which one do i send

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Who do you want to send the letter to, the creditor, or the CRA?

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

All that you should have to do is send a letter to the collection agency or creditor that put it on your report and ask them to prove you owe the debt. If they can't do that then turn it over to your attorney and sit back and wait for the payday.

They will take it off for you real quick most of the time.

4. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I would go after the CA first.

Make them prove the debt is yours.

Demand solid proof. Don't settle for computer printout proof. ;)

If they don't give it or ignore you in 30 days, send an estoppel (I think we have forms here)

After that, if they f--- around more, consult a legal or credit professional because it gets way advanced at that point.

Don't fool with the credit bureaus UNLESS it is already paid or really old and hasn't been update for say 2 years. I know from months of personal experience that the credit bureaus don't give an sh..

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You got that right for sure. As far as I'm concerned, TransUnion is about as bad as it gets. A real sleazebag outfit if ever there was one. In my not so humble opinion, they act like they are too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.

6. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Equifax and TU are tied for the sleaziest. Equifax refuses to delete inquiries as well as TU. TU claims to remove accounts and then I get denied on the basis of the supposedly removed accounts. Equifax "verifies" debts I can't even verify in courthouses. They're both lousy.

Experian seems more "decent." I have had great success with them.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Equifax must have deteriorated a lot then to get down to the level of TransUnion. I didn't think any of them could get down that low.

TransUnion would have to park a hook and ladder truck on top of Equifax in the middle of the night to get up high enough to tickle a groundhog's belly in my personal opinion.

And that would only happen over Equifax's dead body.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

True Equifax will not remove inquiries, but I've had no problem getting TU to delete them. They don't even bother to wait for 30 days like Experian, they delete and send out the new report within days.

Do you have to deal with a TU affiliate? Have you tried an online investigation? List the creditor and where the account number is, place the date, check the OTHER reason box and type "Never applied. DELETE."

Works every time for me... And for several others.

9. joer

joer Well-Known Member

Should i apply online for an investigation or send the original creditor a validation letter please help

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Personally, I would try calling the original creditor first. See if they admit the mistake over the telephone. You'll need to talk with a supervisor to get them to remove it. Ask for them to fax you a letter telling the credit reporting agencies to delete the account. With that in hand, I would call the credit reporting agencies, request to start and investigation and then fax the letter from the original creditor.

This is the fastest way IF you can get the creditor to admit the mistake.

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yup! And they usually ain't too whuppy fast about doing that. Matter of fact, they will end up contorting themselves like a hoop snake before they do that.

here is just one example of the great lengths they go to to keep from admitting the screwed the pooch.
    http://www.creditwrench.com/cciinc.html

Here is another one.
    http://www.creditwrench.com/works1.html

I could fill up a whole website full of letters from creditors and 3rd party collectors twisting themselves up worse than the Wicked Witch of the West to keep from admitting the truth, but I'm sure you will get the picture from just these two.