Which Road Should I Go Down?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by knbunited, Aug 18, 2003.

1. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

Ok, let me give you the facts first....

6/2003...I disputed a pd. CA acct w/CRA ...this acct. was still listing a balance (inaccurate) acct has been closed since Feb. of '03 and was paid IN FULL.

6/20/03....OC pulled a hard inq on my EQ cr (which constitutes nonpp)

6/25/03....I sent a non pp letter to OC re the nonpp inq via FedEx

7/17/03....I sent 2nd nonpp letter to OC via FedEx

7/22/03....OC sent me a letter in response stating that they "obtained a copy of my cr in order to investigate and review my account. Such action does constitute a pp."

7/24/03...I sent an estoppel letter to OC stating that this was my last attempt to settle the matter of how they were reporting the above mentioned account.

I also overpaid on this utility account by a few dollars, of which they have made no attempt to refund to me.

This acct was sent to a CA, but the actual CA has never been listed on my account...the listing is under the OC. I had the CA send me a paid in full letter, noting the amount paid, and when this account was paid in full.

I'm pretty sure that it is time to sue the OC for the nonpp, and for inaccurate reporting. Just want to make sure that all my ducks are gathered and that it is time to battle....

But, you know I was looking over my papers, and I just noticed two things...

1. the acct. is not being listed under Collections on my CR....and it is also showing a 05 status....should I dispute late pays w/ the CRA and see what happens OR...

2. Just searched and saw the ITS letter...which I have not utilized...should I send this to the OC as a last ditch effort...or should I just go to small claims court, pay the filing fees, and get on with it?

Understand, I've like NEVER sued anyone before, only been to court like twice in my life, and that was for moving violation tickets...so I am majorally intimidated by this whole process...but I want to buy a house next year, so I have to get this last item off of my cr's and I know that I just might have to do this.....

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

7/22/03....OC sent me a letter in response stating that they "obtained a copy of my cr in order to investigate and review my account. Such action does constitute a pp."

"THEY" have no idea how "THEY" report something with-out pulling a credit report to see how "THEY" reported it???

3. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

yes...i guess that is exactly what they are saying. I mean, I know that I have them for nonpp, but the bigger question is...do i send them the its, or do i dispute the late pays, or do i sue?

Should I give them one more chance, or should I say, forget it, and sue?

4. knbunited

knbunited Active Member

so like nooooobody can give me any advice on this right?

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I also overpaid on this utility account by a few dollars, of which they have made no attempt to refund to me.

This acct. was sent to a CA, but the actual CA has never been listed on my account...the listing is under the OC. I had the CA send me a paid in full letter, noting the amount paid, and when this account was paid in full.

kn-b-united
    =================
    How in the l can you send an overpaid bill to a CA?

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''