while in dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I read this here or elsewhere but is it true that items that are being disputed are NOT factored into your credit score?? Does anyone have info or experience with this??

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Do you know where the policy of suppressing disputed items is?
    I'm kinda concerned because I'm in dispute over most of my negative items right now and if they're not removed but were not taken into consideration when I just got my score, I could have a much lower number than 670. Yikes
  3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

If you order your profile and Beacon score from Equifax and get it online, then the score you get is created straight from that profile. While my Equifax profile was being disputed, I could not even order my score online. I called Equifax, and they said my CR was being disputed. A week later I received my updated report, and could then obtain my score online. Suppression during a dispute is very unlikely IMHO, but you should research it more to be sure. Knowing how CRAs work, I suspect that you are guilty until proven innocent as far as disputes go.

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I believe I have about 4 "bad" things that were in dispute (and still are until the end of the month)when I received my score.
    Looks like I need to look at the FCRA for some answers or wait until next week.
    Oh, I did order online and the items that were in dispute did note that.
    Thanks for replying to me :)