Who approves sub-prime PC loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Justine, Aug 7, 2000.

1. Justine

Justine Guest

Does anyone know where I can get a loan for a new computer although my credit isn't excellent. Gateway and the other well-known companies won't approve me. A down payment would be alright as long as it's not a lot of money.

2. TC

TC Guest

RE: Who approves sub-prime PC

Not that it's a wonderful option, but you might want to try Fingerhut. They have decent computers and very lax credit standards. Be prepared to pay lots of extra money, but you can have a computer if you go through them.

3. Justine

Justine Guest

Do they have a web-site? Do you have a phone number for them? Thx

4. Steve1040

Steve1040 Guest

Justine, I was declined by Gateway several months ago,

I have horrible credit,
    On Friday 8/11 I went to Gateway's site and applied for a computer loan with the expectation of getting declined & I could get a free report. I got a meggage to call a 1-800 to verify my info, She came back on and said your approved for 1600.00, I said excuse me.

So I ordered a laptop - I'll pay on it for a year or so to add the positive item to my report.

The only thing that changed is I paid off all the collections, So they might show 0. I've hired Junum.com to clean up my profile. They just started so I know that's not it.
    No one else approved me - my goal is to refinance my 2 car loans when my credit is better - got declined like usual.

Anyone know if a disputed item on your report is removed until it's verified.

Steve

5. BarryN

BarryN Guest

Steve,

Congrats on the puter from Gateway. That must have been the MBNA finance option? Easy Pay.

As far as removing disputed items until they are verified, no. In this case they stay, and if they are unverifiable, they must be deleted.

Maybe they are laxing their score requirements at MBNA.

Peace,

BarryN

6. Justine

Justine Guest

Steve,

Please keep us posted about Junum.com.

None of my disputed items were removed while verification was occuring.

7. Justine

Justine Guest

Barry,

How's the SWB dsl? They have a deal where you get the Compaq free if you agree to their dsl for 24 months. I got excited and thought this was a way to get new computer. However, SWB said dsl isn't available in my area of Texas! Did you take advantage of this deal?

8. BarryN

BarryN Guest

I know about that deal. They pull a credit report, so I didn't bother. I just took the free set-up and equipment deal. $39.99 a month. It's been a great service.

Good Luck,

BarryN

9. Stormie

Stormie Guest

WWW.fingerhut.com you can apply for their credit card online, it's issued through Axsys National Bank. They do have computers so you might want to check inot it. Good Luck, you should be able to find someone willing to finace you. Also you might go to www.peoplepc.com I hear they have a pretty good program where they give you the comp for a monthly fee. My friend is going to be doing that, I guess there are two different models to chose from, all update and complete setup, monitor,speakers ect. Just thought that might help you out.

10. Justine

Justine Guest

THX!

11. Stormie

Stormie Guest

keep us posted, :) Glad to help