Who Can Delete

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone.

Okay, don't laugh, but I had an account with QVC.

Two years ago, I had some late pays and I've been trying to get them removed. Equifax and Transunion were pretty easy but then there's good old Experian. That bureau is going to drive me over the edge yet!

Initially, when I got the card, it was issued by Monogram Bank. Now, however, all QVC accounts have been switched over to Household Retail Services. I know this is true because I called yesterday and Household does have all of my account info.

Does Household now have the power to remove the lates? Monogram wouldn't do anything so I'm looking for another avenue. QVC said they would be happy to help but they were not in a position to authorize deletions. Additionally, they were unsure as to which bank had the power to authorize them.

Initially, I contacted QVC Customer Service. They were nice but said they couldn't help.

Next, I sent a letter via Planet Feedback and, when the response came, I was referred back to Customer Service. This time, when I called, the service rep gave me the number to Household.

So I'm wondering what to do next. Thus far, I've gone in circles. Should I go through Household to try to get the lates removed? If so, I'd rather write than call but I'm not sure where to direct my correspondence.

Does anyone have thoughts, ideas or suggestions? I welcome any feedback.

Thanks.

Donna

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I can do better than that! I WORKED for them;-)

3. Concerned

I would call HH first to see if you can find a sympathetic ear who can help. If you call there is nothing to prevent you from writing later.

Call and be absolutely puzzled that your report is showing lates on such and such dates. You KNOW you weren't late but the CRA says that the lates are being verified. What should you do? Is there some documentation they can provide? Just pour on the sugar. Act innocent and naive, totally baffled by the lates and maybe the rep will point you in the right direction. This worked for me with another company.

If this does not work or you go the letter route, demanding satisfaction usually requires some harsh wording and such. I had Lex do some of that for me. But maybe someone on the board will be able to give some examples.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Concerned,

Thanks for your excellent advice. I will give Household a call. You're right - I have nothing to lose by doing that.

Did you work for QVC? What was that place like? As an employee, were you treated well?

Donna

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Did Household take over the accounts recently? I don't charge a lot on my Q Card account, but I did have one charge from last month that I paid off and I could swear that it was still Monogram Bank.

I filed three accounts with Household (K-Mart, Best Buy, & American Blinds) in a Chapt. 7 BK. Right now Household is reporting them as a Chapt. 13 (they are being disputed). However my QVC account which had a zero balance at the time, I kept open and have used it a couple of times since BK. However, in the last couple of months, that account is being reported as included in a Chapt. 11 and the account is still open! This could be Household screwing me up even more! I think I will close this account when I get home before Household decides to close it on me and report Chap. 11, closed by credit grantor.

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Yes, Household took over the QVC accounts from Monogram recently. I hadn't noticed any change because I've had a zero balance on my card for two years. However, when I called QVC customer service, the rep I spoke with said the transition was still in process.

Household definitely had all of my account info, though. I checked.

Hope this helps.

Donna

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Oooops....that should have been progress, instead of process.

And how come my posts never show up with paragraphs? I create the blank lines when I type but they aren't showing.

Donna

8. Concerned

Yeah, I worked for them. They were ok. VERY corporate. Everyone read and loved Dilbert if that tells you anything. We got a 30% discount which really is cool since they have a lot of stuff especially on the web site.

It was my first job out of school and I only lasted one year. They are a good company to work for in a recession. There is no such thing as layoffs there. They seem to be pretty recession-proof.

I did do a 2 day stint with a CS rep on the phone. They are trained to be SO nice. Their calls are monitored and if they so much as sound harsh, they will get written up and eventually fired. If only every company was like that. Sigh. They were also the first place that I realized that marking your line private was futile. They knew the number you called from no matter what. They said it was for fraud prevention. It creeped me out completely at the time.

9. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Donna -

The answer to your original question is yes, Household can remove the lates if they want to.

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks

Lionel, Thanks for your response. I'm sure hoping you're right about Household having the power to delete.

And, Concerned, thanks for answering my question about what it was like to work at QVC. Very interesting.

Donna

11. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Lionel is absolutely right. I offered to pay a collection account, well outside the SOL if they would simply delete the entry.

The initial response was "We will report the account as a paid charge off" "It is a crime to report false information to a credit reporting agency."

I replied "Then I will pay you nothing as the account will be deleted in 1 year anyway" "It may be a crime to report false information, but it is not a crime to report nothing"

They responded in writing offering to delete the entry for payment.

I love it when you can use their own words against them.