Who Does FNANB Pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Aug 25, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I checked the Library section of this site, did a search on the board, and checked millcbs.com. Who does FNANB pull?

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Equifax for me, in Maryland. I got a PRM inquiry for being pre-qualified. I have gotten 2 AR inquiries since then. All on Equifax.

My offer was in BIG BOLD print
    No annual fee.
    Then it says in really really small print
    (if you are selected for the lowest credit limit you will be assessed a $25 annual fee).
    I called to complain telling them I thought it was a bait and switch move, what is the lowest limit, how would I know what I was applying for before I got it....and the guy said "Oh you are a preferred member, I can waive that fee for the life of the card and return the charge for this year." Whatever preferred means, I still have a crappy $300 limit, but no annual fee. :) BTW It says "Preferred Member Since:MM/YYYY" On the card, like amex kinda...preferred member/preferred shmember hahahahaha

Not bad otherwise though. Online statement but no online payment yet. Card is silver - looks platnium (that along with the fact it is free, is why I am keeping it)

Peace, Dave

3. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

First off who exactly is FNANB? what kind of scores do you need to get a card?

Casper72

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

First North American National Bank www.fnanb.com

Since they pulled Equifax (my worst report) I ccan tell you that they are offering cards to sub-prime folk.

Don't know my Equifax score but it was not good at the time they first pulled my report...I had 7 public record infos - 3 collection infos - 2 closed good accounts & 3 bad accounts/charge offs...All were older (around '96). My CapOne card MAY have begun reporting as a positive tradeline when they pulled, but would have been too new to rate or score and would have probably lowered my creditworthyness.

Now I have 5 total bad accounts and 3 positive open accounts 2 positive closed accounts...I will send them an updated copy of my report and see if I can get anything for it.

As I said it seems to be a good card (no hassles and the customer service is ok) fair rate/low limit card to start...they report to all 3 bureaus.

Hope that helps, they probably will approve you unless you have alot of recent bad debt.

-Peace, Dave

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

-----
    fair rate/low limit card to start...they report to all 3 bureaus.
    -----

Sorry I meant fair rate for sub-prime level...it is really NOT a fair rate (19.8%) but I am re-building and that is the same as my CapOne card is now...after I work on raising my limits, I will work on lowering the APR's.

CapOne limit is now $1800 ... Lower APR is next

-Peace, Dave

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

FNANB is a Circuit City company.

They will lower the APR to prime + 8% _or_ 15.9% (whichever is greater). All you have to do is ask.

Still not a great rate, but they are generous with limits and do report the full limit.

They used to use Equifax exclusively for me - now it's TransUnion.

Someone else said it already - TU must have a special or some new hungry sales reps out there.

-mj

7. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

Mj, How did you get you apr lowered? I have the circut city card and called to ask for the apr to be lowered , they said no not for this card thats the lowest rate.

8. thescoob

thescoob Well-Known Member

Dave...

How did you apply for the card? I don't see any links to how to apply anywhere on the website...

Thanks

Scoob

Eq 634, CE 589, TU 553

9. raiderpam

raiderpam Well-Known Member

I applied at circut city.

10. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey, just an FYI - FNANB has had online payment for a few months now. I usually pay thru my bank, but I thought I would try it out. Submitted the payment on Friday morning, it posted on Monday. The "check" that they sent thru cleared yesterday. I guess it's not EFT, they actually mail a check.

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I applied by mail not online. I have been very happy with the card they are no BS and their customer support is excellent. I did not have stellar credit when I applied and I still have the card now that I have a much better profile.

As Jacqui said their payment system has been online now for awhile and is the fastest posting of all my online payments...usually 1 day.

-Peace, Dave

12. mj

mj Well-Known Member

FNANB will lower the apr to 15.9 just for the asking - the other circuit city cards are stuck at >19%

Limit increases can be done every 4 months - just call the # and request the increase. It says "may result in a credit bureau inquiry..." but it's never happened to me.

I've grown this card from $1000 in '98 to $8700 today. They use Equifax and pull AR inquiries every few months.

Good customer service, and as said previously - no BS.

Good luck,
    mj

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Sorry I did not mention that...they pulled Equifax for me as well (WashingtonDC), and they do an AR every month. Automatic CL increases and like mj said, I called and they simply lowered my APR for asking. When I applied I had only a new Cap1 card, and a couple other closed positive trades, I had a several older derogs, 1 or 2 CO's and a couple collection accounts(nothing recent like 3 or 4 years old).

-Peace, Dave