Who Does Instant Approvals Online?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 17, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

CAN WE START A LIST OF WHO DOES ONLINE APPS ANDWHICH ONE ARE INSTANT?

MACY'S
    CITIBANK
    EXPRESS CLOTHING

OTHERS????

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Target
    Cap One

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Best Buy.

Steph

4. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Paypal.com (part of Providian)
    GetSmart Visa (part of Providian)

5. SD

SD Well-Known Member

I forgot:

Orchard Bank
    Chase

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

CHASE?? DID THEY JUST START INSTANT APPROVALS RECENTLY?

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Chase ?. Paypal Visa ?... They Do not make instant decision. Neither MBNA.

8. alexpeter

alexpeter Member

molly:

check out http://credit-cardsource.com under Credit Programs.

All of the links they have are to credit cards that I believe you can be approved for online.

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Ok what about easiest card to get with instant approval online

10. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Oops!! I didn't mean Chase. I get chase and Citbank mixed up sometimes. Sorry...

I thought PayPal makes instant decisions? I figured since I received an instant denial (I got the "Sorry, you recently applied for another Providian product" message), they would give instant approvals as well?

11. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Target

They are the only unsecured card company that has approved me online, and did this today with my Equifax score at 608.

They do want a major credit card as a reference.

I cannot speak for any other companies, as they all have said they had to write me via US mail, and all the ones I heard from to date denied me.

Steph

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Be careful if you have a charged-off balance with Target. I read on another board where they asked for a major CC reference from an applicant, then transferred the charged-off amount to the major CC!!

breeze

14. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Actually Chase does offer an instant decision. I think they started about 5 months ago. At least that is when I got my account with them.

15. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Chase has been offering instant approval for at least a year (Maybe just on the iCard?)

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

radioshack.com with a 610 score get me $1000 retail line with instant card #.

I buy electrical stuffs, so i'll actually use it. The interest is high (22.9%), but on purchases over $99 you always get 3 months 0-interest, always...

Easy card to get, allows cash advances (?! dont ask) at any atm, high interest, 0% interest on $99+ purchases for 3 months, grace period.

Plus since its a wierdo place to shop, i wont be tempted to spend money on it. This is an excellent retail trade line. Much better than the $300 target card i got the day before.

Imo, best retail card i've got.

(i got spiegel $400 too, maybe i'll buy a pair of shoes so they'll raise my limit).

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I do not use my Spiegel, they keep raising my limit.

They send me letters saying "We've increased your credit line, now you can go shopping!" Like I would at their high rate, LOL. I think it's 25%.

breeze

18. lifetime

lifetime Well-Known Member

home Depot