Who has a Chase CC? How hard is it

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jun 19, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

to get approved. I just got invited to apply for one with the Shell logo (since I'm a Shell customer). I'm just wondering with my credit score of 599 (haven't checked it since Junum's deletions) should I even bother applying. I know this will generate a hard inquiry if I do. I don't want to waste it on a denial.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mother2,

What is your Transunion report like? Chase usually pulls from that bureau. And, if you still have some negatives on there, my advice is to put the Chase application on hold.

Marci posted here that one of the Chase reps told her you need a score of 650 to qualify for the classic card.

I do have a Chase card and the approval came from my Transunion report. I do have a Providian late pay on there but it's two years old.

Take care and I hope this helps. You'll get there. You're already making lots of progress.

Donna

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Donna

I guess I'll just wait. Man...it's depressing having to "WAIT" all the darn time. But I'll get there...slowly but surely.

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks Donna

mother2,

I applied for the classic Chase last week attempting to snag the 2.9% APR BT offer, and I got denied based on TU report. I think they are a bit tougher to get than other prime cards. My TU is now my best report, with only 2 30 day lates as the negatives (both from 3/2000). Based on credit scores from my other two reports, I should be right around the 650 mark with TU if not higher.

The two reasons they gave were:

number of inquiries in the past year (I have 7 in the past 6 months, which is admittedly way too many)

revolving balance: limit ratio (it's at 44% based on the report they saw)

I tried to ask what the appropriate b:l ratio needed to be (i.e. Citi told me 65% is their limit), but Chase said they wouldn't disclose it.

I'm not upset though. I had applied for a 2cd Citi card three months ago, got denied, and asked for a reconsideration last week (my TU report had some inaccurate info = HELLO Cap One!). I got approved yesterday with a 3.9% APR BT for 6 months. Yay! So, with a little manuevering, I plan to transfer from my first Citi to Cap One, then combine my Citi accounts, and then transfer back to the combined Citi for the 3.9% BT deal.

It takes time mother2, and a lot of grace. I would be nowhere had the CC companies not agreed to remove their negative data on their own.

Don't give up hope. Credit repair/rebuilding can happen to everyone.

Keep your head up,

5. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

I have a Chase Shell Card, it's a great card but they are very strict, I finally got them to increase my limit after 4 years with them and they only gave me an extra $500 increase because of 1 very old negative on one of my reports. If you have negatives on your report it may not be the card you want to apply for yet.

Alex

---------------
    Free Credit Repair Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com