Who is Citicorp Credit Services?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Sep 6, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

09/05/2001 Citicorp Credit Services

They pulled a HARD inquiry on my equifax, I haven't applied for anything, nor seen this one before (i've seen about 4-5 other citi pulls) lately.

Again, this is not an AR/PRM.
    My last card came over a week ago, and the inquiry about 3 weeks ago.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

whoa. They pulled this hard inquiry when combining my cards. I just noticed my old $4k card was $10K limit today..

hrmm

@#$@#$@#$ oh well. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Who is Citicorp Credit Service

I don't see the connection between combining cards and pulling a CR. First, combining 2 existing credit lines is not an application for further credit. Second, they must ask for your permission to do that. And third, I'd re-check it. Mine were combined w/o any inquiries.

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

soo hmm anyone else know why i got this inquiry? It doesn't match any of the previous inquiries done for my other cards, any AR's, etc..

5. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Funny they pulled a hard inquiry on my husbands report today as well. I am going to do some searching and find out who they are

Keisha
    "Waking up from a credit nightmare"

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Please do. Did your hubby just get a card, combine a card, reach a certain "length" of time on a card, finish a "dispute".. etc..

hard inquiry, hrmm. i didn't apply, that wasn't very nice.

7. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Actually he was approved for a cit AA and gold so I don't know what this is from ...................ohhhh wait a minute I just thought about something we applied for the Sony card by citi...so this may be what that is.

You think????????????

Keisha

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

CITICORP CREDIT SERVICES
    7920 NW 110TH ST
    KANSAS CITY, MO 64153-1270

Type of Entity: INCORPORATED ,
    Phone Number: (800) 345-8889
    Type-of-Business Classification(s): CREDIT CARD OFFER PLANS

Customer Experience

Based on our standards, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory report is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints cause us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate advertising claims.
    In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the company has generally responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, one remains unanswered.

-----------------
    or (and this is BAD)
    -----------------

Citicorp Credit Services Inc.
    4600 Houston Road
    Florence, KY 41042-4820
    Tel: (859) 283-8000

Business Type: Credit-Collection Agencies
    File Opened: 10/18/1991

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

This company's type of business is classified as Credit-Collection Agencies. This company is a Corporation.

Customer Experience

This firm first came to our attention in October 1991. The Bureau has sent two requests for basic information to this company but, as of today, has received no reply.

In the last 3 years, Citicorp Credit Services Inc. has had 3 complaints. and 3 complaints concerned credit/billing problems. Of those, 1 complaint was closed assumed satisfied, 2 complaints were closed responded and reasonably explained to the Bureau's satisfaction, The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.

Additional Addresses

3940 Olympic Blvd. #400 (former)
    Erlanger, KY 41018

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

oh boy i hope its not a collection ;)

I thought CA's can't pull hard inquiries without permission?

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

It happens all the time. I have 2 hard inquiries on my reports from a collection agency and they are not reporting to the bureaus.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE INSURANCE COMPANY "SEEING" HOW YOU DRIVE BY PULLING YOUR CREDIT REPORT!!!!

DISPUTE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Citicorp Credit Services also sends out approval letters for Citibank. So this isn't necessarily a collection. Did you ever ask them to reconsider an application? Or for that matter, did other inquiries appear for your new Citibank cards, or is this the only one?

14. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

My last question you already answered. But maybe they view combining accounts as an application or even as some sort of appeal of their decision.