Who is CSC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JMAC, Oct 26, 2001.

1. JMAC

JMAC Member

I requested my report from the TU, Equifax, and Experian. I got a report from CSC but I'm not sure which one uses that name. If anyone knows please let me know.
    Thanks

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I believe CSC is the equifax affiliate for your area.

3. JMAC

JMAC Member

Thank You!!!!!

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

CSC is owned by Equifax and is based in Houston, Texas.
    They are one of the many regional offices of Equifax scattered around the country.

Even though they are owned by Equifax the regionals are credit bureaus in their own right and put out their own full blown credit reports so when I'm disputing the more minor things like inquiries or incorrect addresses I always hit the Equifax regionals if I happen to know their addresses because they are all tied directly into the Equifax database and a correction of the problem by the regional usually results in getting the job done even if Equifax itself won't do it. I've had a lot of luck getting stuff off by the regional taking action whereas Equifax itself is much harder to work with and get anything positive accomplished.

Problem is that I don't have anywhere near all of their regional offices pinpointed yet. In fact, I don't even know how many there actually are. I know there is CBC services in Ohio and several more that use the same name format C?C Services in their names.

I'm peddling as fast as I can, and maybe someday I'll find them all. Maybe I ought to call up the research department of the local library and see if they can come up with them all. Just now thought of doing that as I'm typing. Think I'll just do that and see what the Library system can come up with.