Who is using my name in chat?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eviljeeba, Jun 18, 2001.

1. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

Interesting......tried going into chat tonight and it said that someone has already used my name in credit chat 1.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I read that this had happened to Mother2. See post further down the board.

I was in the chat room earlier and had no problems. I agree this is not a good thing as someone could post or say whatever they want using your good name. Also try posting to PBM on the "Feedback" board.

Hope this helps and going to try real quick to check my name.....

3. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

thanks!

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, when I go to chat, it automatically logs me in..so does that mean that someone has evil's and mother's passwords?? scary!

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

It looks like some people are getting disconnected when they first connect to chat, and then when they try to connect again, they get the 'Someone is already using that name' message. Don't worry, noone can use your name in chat unless they have your password. What seems to be happening is that the chat server thinks you're still connected and won't let you back in. (So in effect the other person using your name is really just you.) It would be helpful if you could pass on what browser/version and what OS/version you are using, so we can track this down. In the meantime, I'll be changing the error message to make it a little clearer.