Who ONLY pulls Equifax?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Nov 18, 2001.

  1. ohnostuck

    ohnostuck Well-Known Member

    I am sure that this has been asked before..Sorry. I searched that one site, but it isn't very predictable.
  2. keltexx

    keltexx Well-Known Member

    What state are you in? Different creditors use different reports in different states....
  3. ohnostuck

    ohnostuck Well-Known Member


    GEORGE Well-Known Member

  5. PsychDoc

    PsychDoc Well-Known Member

    Ohnostuck, you're right -- millcbs.com is pretty useless for answering your question at this point. Of the 15 inquiries listed in the millcbs database for Michigan, only ONE is listed under Equifax -- MBNA. Unfortunately, MBNA also pulled one inquiry in Michigan for Experian and two for Trans Union. Predicting the odds from that small population, you've got a 25% chance that MBNA will pull Equifax, 25% chance that they'll pull Experian, and a 50% chance that they'll pull Trans Union.

    Taking a different look... Of the 15 Michigan inquiries, 9 pulled Experian, 5 pulled Trans Union, and only 1 (that MBNA inquiry) pulled Equifax. Bottom line: if we rely upon this small bit of data (statistically risky but we go with what we've got), you've only got less than a 7% chance that ANYBODY will pull Equifax; on the other hand, you've got a 60% chance that they'll pull Experian, and a 33% chance that Trans Union will be pulled.

    Good luck to you!


    GEORGE Well-Known Member

    The only one that "MAY" be a GUARANTEED pull is JUNIPER...


    Another BUT...ME 685-704 F.I.C.O. DENIED...WIFE 725-741 F.I.C.O. DENIED...

    It has been mentioned here MANY times...there are NO guarantees...
    CRA'S run "SALES" on occasion to get NEW business...
  7. ohnostuck

    ohnostuck Well-Known Member

    looks like I will just hang tight then

Share This Page