Who to go to for loan?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by danrs, Sep 21, 2001.

1. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Need an auto loan in the next couple weeks. Want to finance about 25K. Have about 10% down available.

Exp 680 no negs
    Eqifx 728 no negs
    TU score unknown, repo 6.5 yrs old unpaid 3K
    about 16 mo history on both good reports

I'm going to apply with my bank, but also wanted a couple on-line options. Would need to stay with someone who pulls Equifax or Experian for obvious reasons, my TU sucks.

Any advice on the following online banks?

E-Loan
    People First
    Household

Who would give me the best chance of approval at a decent rate? I want to use as few inquiries as possible, and apply with the best option first.

Thanks for any help!!!

danrs

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A couple of dealers in my town are giving 0.00%~~~~60 months.

Many dealers aren't selling ANYTHING, they are willing to take a loss to sell the cars.

Financing at the dealer.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Dan, I don't have any answers for you, but I do have a question. How long did it take for you to hear from the defendant when you filed your case. I still haven't heard anything on my case, despite my giving them an out with the offer of settlement.

Thanks,

LKH

4. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

LKH,

Experian I heard from first, and almost immediately, about a little over a week from filing, and a few days after they received it. The next day I called, and it was done. Account deleted, updated report and promise to not re-report sent via overnight mail, account gone on Credit Expert, and I dismissed the day after that, not even 2 full weeks from filing date.

Equifax just settled with me, making it about 2 1/2 weeks from file date before I heard from them. So, it took them a little longer, but they didn't call, the attorney sent a letter. First thing I got was a letter from them, asking for additional info, but they included a report with the account no longer there. Never even had to talk to the attorney, we ended up playing answering machine tag. A letter is on the way promising no re-reporting. Once I receive that, I'll dismiss. Attorney I played ans mach tag with was very acccomodating, and explained that he couldn't promise the account wouldn't re-appear under a new name or if sold, but told me to call him directly if it did appear under different info, or for any reason, and it would be immediately deleted and blocked under the new info.

TU is being a pain and have heard nothing other than request for continuance, AND, get this, TWO full months after I requested verification process information, they finally sent it the other day! Like that makes everything all better now! Too bad for them I'm not dropping it, the damage has been done, and they could deliver the person verifying with a signed contract in their teeth and a rose in their butt crack to my front door and it wouldn't make any difference. They didn't fulfill their obligation under the FCRA, and now they must pay, or settle.

What is really strange about this, my weakest case, really nothing more than a bluff, was against Exp and they settled first. Equifax was pretty solid, they were next. My most solid case, TU, and I've yet to hear anything substantial from them, and it looks like they may fight it. Odd. Maybe TU has screwed up so much that they are getting nailed on the lawsuits, and must start defending themselves, I don't know.

It does appear that the actual strength of the plaintiff's case has little or nothing to do with if they will settle. Then again, maybe like the clerks, the higher ups at TU just can't read plain english either.

I read the board daily if you've got any more questions. I've been laying a little low lately, at least until I'm 3 for 3 on the cases.

danrs

BTW, I also included offers to settle with the suit.