who won't touch a BK?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShyGuy, Jan 19, 2001.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Jim mentioned Juniper and Chevron said they wouldn't give him a credit card (even a credit builder) with a BK on his reports. Anyone know other companies that won't give you a card -- even a secured card -- with a BK still listed? When I ask customer service reps when thinking about applying, they never seem to know.

2. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

I know you cant get a citibank not even secured also Im pretty sure chase wont touch one either( thats also the secured)

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

By the way

I told Juniper and Chevron over the phone when I applied that I had a credit problem in my file. Both company reps encouraged me to apply. I think this is standard because the reps are graded on how many apps are processed.

I will let you know if I have any luck with Chevron next week.

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

In my experience

Practically all Prime cards will automatically decline because of bk and many retail - though you may be able to convince them with second level reviews

Anybody know any prime cards that don't?

Kelly

5. Anon

Anon Guest

After my Chap 7 in '91, I applied for Key Bank (secured)in 1992. Kept that card 1 year, no lates. Applied for Bank One in 1994 Secured $1000 limit with matching deposit. Increased to $5000 with matching deposit. Went unsecured after 1 year no lates. Raised to $7k, $8,500, an $10,500 - all with B/K listed on CRAs. APR 12.99 - 13.99 variable. They did raise my APR to 26.99% because debt/income ratio increased and was successful in getting NextCard (it took 2 different times) and Wells Fargo. Called and they restored APR. No longer use unless I can pay off within 30 days because of the interest method.

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Shy-

With a 5yr old BK (no debts showing as discharged, though, and pristine credit otherwise...)

Nextcard (9.99%/$10k limit with $5k bal xfr)
    Bank of America (3.9 intro/$5k limit)
    Macy Visa (19.8%/$5k limit... required 2nd level review)

Flat-out declines (no way, no how, no review)...
    Citibank
    Chase
    Fleet

ALthough I did get the above, but as an AU from my partner's accout.

Hope it helps,
    MJ