Whoa! Citibank AA COMES!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 5, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Whoa. I got in my mail today a citibank AA advantage!! CRAZY!
    along with:
    Capitalone : denied
    DMB: Denied
    Nextcard: Denied
    Loanmobile: Denied
    Fleet: Denied
    Echarge: Denied
    Aspire: Denied.
    Citibank: Denied. *??*

Keep in mind i also have a charge off for over $1600 that belongs to citibank (AT&T)

hehe

wierd folks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You have an UNPAID charge off for 1600 and received the card?? May I ask if this appears on all your reports?? And how old is the charge off??

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

shows up on ALL reports as AT&T UNIVERSAL ACCT SOLD TO CITIBNK

:)

About 5 years old. Maybe they'll just tack the charge off on to my new card :)

hehe

4. Killer

Killer Guest

That's funny...two Citibank reps specifically told me that unpaid charge-offs result in denial! As matter fact, the report Citibank pulled for me had 2 old charge-offs with balances less than yours. But I was denied and no card has come. I am starting to wonder if all the posts about Citibank cards coming after denial are true. I am beginning to think they are not.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Me too Killer

Yes my husband was denied and then got the card BUT they pulled experian which DID NOT have any collection on it. And as I stated before we believe we submitted the application twice. Funny though the denial letter stated Equifax, but no report was pulled from there just checked it last week but there was one pulled at Experian. As for the poster, I don't mean any harm but I can't see Citibank pulling report that you clearly owe THEM money and giving you a card, of course maybe it is that famous bug in the system LOL.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Me too Killer

Well let me clear this up. The charge off is to AT&T Universal (Now citibank) :> Maybe they are just going to tack that money on to my new limit. which , is fair i spose. Maybe not. Maybe its one UBER BIG bug in their system that we are falling through. I applied for the gold card today, just in case it is a big bug in their system , and they'd like to loan me more money :)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry Sam

I am really not doubting you, I just know that citibank owns AT&T now correct. And don't understand why they would grant card with debt, but of course who knows what exactly is going on with citibank? I know one postesr got declined for BK with them and Citibank said the keep records indefinetly, whil another poster had a BK with them and got the card, so who really knows. That would be funny if you got the gold card too:)