Whoa!!!!Scored went up 57 pts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BlueVegas, Apr 3, 2001.

1. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

WoW!!! I felt like SH&*(^$&*T!! mid MArch, becasue I finally got my FICO score. It was a 593 March 18th and now tonight I did another check and it was a wopping 650. I feel like jumping for joy. I have been through hell and it is finally paying off. I'm lost? The only thing that has changed was that I have been trying to get an electric bill that was unpaid in VA, because they never turned my electric off and my brother and his friends didn't pay bill for 8 months???
    Well I'm just happy to be out if the 500s. I now feel a little better when I apply for a school loan in a few weeks. Man I this feels great.

I still have an unpaid judgement error, $630 electric bill, and stupid collections of $2270 that is paid, but says unpaid on report. Champagne anyone???

FeelingGoodNVegas

FICO® Score Analysis

April 4, 2001

Credit score: 650
    Source of score: Equifax (BEACON®)
    Reason codes: 38 10 20 13

Your BEACON score: 650

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Whoa!!!!Scored went up 57

Congratulations! Yes, I would like some champagne. How ya' going to get it to me? How about airborne? :)
    Keep up the good work!

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats! What happened to the electric bill? Did you get it removed?

4. am

am Guest

that's GREAT! How old was this electric bill? And have any of your other old negative items just passed an anniversary type date (12 mos, 24 mos, etc?)
    Thanks!
    am

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Congrats. You're well on your way. What changes were made on your credit report?

6. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

I couldn't really state weather any changes were made, besides Providian giving me a $1000 credit increase. Otherwise nothing has been changed.

I'm working on the Va. Power electric bill. I had excepetd a job in LAs Vegas and had to leave Jan 2, 1999. I just happened to be renting a house from my mom and had my brother and some of his low life friends as roomates. I was helping them out since he had lost his job. Anyways I call to have service turned off on Jan 4th 1999, since I was moving away. It turns out they never turned the service off and my brother failed on an attempt to get service. So Guess What? Those bastards just let it ride...Free Eelctric til August. So I was told by electric company to prove I was a tennant in the house and that I moved. The landlord (Mom) has to prove who lived there. I just want it off my report. It is my only delequient account on my report for $630. I have NV Power bills, phone, paycheck stubs, and anything else needed to prove I left VA.

It sucks when your relatives try to screw you. They should give the bill to my brother since they have proof he tried to get service. I was gone. Do I have a chance? If anything, they should have been living in the dark until someone could get service. Don't burn me...

BastardsNVirginia

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Anyways I call to have service turned off on Jan 4th 1999, since I was moving away. It turns out they never turned IT OFF============================================== ====
    ==================== way I see it : If you canceled service and they didn't do it-It's their baby not yours!

8. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I agree with lb! But then again, they can still put the blame on you since their isn't any written proof or taped converstation.

I would get copies of all my NV bills proving that you were not a tenant their during that time. Also, if you have a copy of your very last electric bill and proof of payment prior to cut-off request maybe it can be to your advantage.

Good Luck.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: mother2 (38.211.61.---)
    Date: 04-04-01 12:21

I agree with lb! But then again, they can still put the blame on you since their isn't any written proof or taped converstation.

I would get copies of all my NV bills proving that you were not a tenant their during that time. Also, if you have a copy of your very last electric bill and proof of payment prior to cut-off request maybe it can be to your advantage.

Good Luck.

Reply To Message ==Probably should have followed up with a certified cancellation letter after the call: