WHOOOTTTT $3k CC with 649 Fico!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mongrol, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Mongrol

Mongrol Well-Known Member

I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!!!

After reviewing what my chances would be based on who pulls what, and seeing the list of people with who got approved for what amount, I applied for a Patelco creditcard.
    www.patelco.org

I got approved in 2 days for 1000.00
    Had to send them 50 bucks to open up savings account. (50 bucks for 1000... easy choice)

So now I have a savings account with 50 bucks in it, and the available 1k.

I call up today cuz I want more of a limit (just got approved 2 days ago)

I said... I need a higher limit so I can pay off a couple bills... ( I owe 300 bucks on my revolving lines) I said I need at least $3k.
    She says hold on... about 2 minutes later she says.. "Ok... there you go" and explains to me about how I can transfer money from my cc to my savings ect. She tells me.. its easier to pay your bills if you open a checking account... I say "ok" so i get a checking account...

So after all is said and done, I have a 3k CC that will be bumped up to gold 5k in 6 months of good history. I also have a new savings and checking all at no cost... no annual fee, ect... and all it took was 50 bucks to open up my savings account.

I should have the card next Tuesday or Wed... holiday is screwing me up getting it.

I need to reiterate.... I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!!!

2. sal826

sal826 Well-Known Member

Nice job :)

3. goldhummin

goldhummin Well-Known Member

Very nice! I can hardly wait to follow in your footsteps!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news!

I'm doing a happy dance for you!

Take care,
    Goldhummingbird

4. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

Thanks for info mongrol, My DW applied and got 3500 visa with a recent collection on her file. Thanks for the heads up!

5. Mongrol

oh... here is the updated info.... I just bought a new vehicle 3 months ago... through americredit... 13.95% for a 22k vehicle. Payment was 527 a month

I asked patelco to refinance, and I got it for 5.125% same loan amount and my payment was 375 a month...

Not bad huh???

I love patelco!!

6. goldhummin

Re: WHOOOTTTT $3k CC with 649 Fico

So which CRA did they pull?

Do you mind a personal question -- do you have a BK listed?

Hey, did your plastic show up yet?

7. Mongrol

They pulled EX... my score is 660 right now... (haven't updated the board)

I was expecting the card today... (they sent it out on the July 6th... maybe tommorrow....

8. goldhummin

Well, I'm 100 FICO points shy, even though EX is my best today since NO unpaid CA are listed. But I do have a BK7, which could prevent some positive action. Thanks for the info.

Again, congrats. Sounds like your hard work is paying off! Very encouraging.

9. goldhummin

..duplicate... argh.

10. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

Actually I think they are bankrupcy friendly. They however do not like seing too many collections. They approved DW with one recent collection and no other baddies.

They offered to refinance her car at 11 percent :( I recently got it to 8.99 trought WFS Financial from 17%

11. goldhummin

Great news on BK friendly. Wish I wasn't SO VERY upside down on my car, I'd check them out. I owe over $10K, and it's worth $5K now (just 2 years old). Such is life post-BK. The balance barely moves at 20-24% interest...